Finally I Found A Trinity Cv-2 System And Got It

cOoLDeviL

hi all and can some one help me with the single carb setup and jetting it up .

i got it for 235 with every thing cable k&n carb mount filter ... but i dont know if it is 33 or 35 how to recognize them from each other this carb has a number on it it start with 70 R i think and i open it yesterday and found that it has 48 pilot jet and 175 main jet but didnt check the needle position . as for jetting where should i start with the guy that i get the carb from told me it will be ok to run it like this with out changing the main jet so my set up banshee is non ported engine with 64.25 stock pistons boyseen power reeds ported reed cages fmf sst pipe milled head and gyt-r ignition and im at sea level with hot weather . so any starting point start with for the main buy the way my stock carb jets is 340 right know and works great .

You might be good to go up to around 185 or so on the main and your pilot sounds alright for starters. Needle could probably use to be in the 4th clip from the top/blunt end, 3rd should be minimum.

I'm in the 5th. :dance: I love the feel of that midrange kicking in!!

ok i install the carb yesterday and fired it up to adjust the air screw and this is the result the idle is ok but when you hit the gas from idle to pick it up it bugs a litel in the pilot jet section and i tried to adjust the air screw and can'not find the right plase and when i close the air screw it dies and tride to open it more than 2.5 turns and didnt find the right spot so any help is needed . and for the main jet i will try it this week end to know if it is ok or do i have to jet it more or less

what exactly do you call a "bog"?? Hesitation or spits and sputters like a rev limiter...Does it start up w/o the choke? Does it start hard when warm?? Have you tried different needle positions? Try raising the needles?

yes its start with out the chock whats that mean im i lean or rich in the pilote ?

If you have to pull the choke out everytime to start it, you're lean and need to go up on the pilot. It's normal to have to use the choke when it's cold though.

Look at a Honda... You have to spend half the day riding with the choke on. :yank:

You should have to use the choke to start it when cold, if not then your running rich on the pilots...A leaner pilot will also make it more responsive..Does it start hard when warmed up?? Have to give it some throttle to start when warm?

Pilots are way too big...Drop 2-sizes right off, then adjust the air screws to throttle response....You'll notice a huge difference in throttle response..then you still might have to drop another size or two...trial and error. find the best pilot size for you...at least you know which direction to go now.....