Tr-6's

DBLtapS

'04, TR-6's, Toomey 2:1 high flow air kit w/outerware, 280 main, stock pilot(25,) toomey needles 4 clip from the top, air screws 2.5 turns out. Klots 40:1. Michigan, 600ft above sea level, 50 today. I imagine it will only get worse as it warms up.

My low end sucks. Mid to top end is great but low end is boggy. I played with the jetting when I first put the pipes on and no matter what I did the low end wasnt there (290 mains, 30 pilots.) Low end was better stock....

Any suggestions? Other than do a plug chop. My plugs are good at wot. Any way to test the jetting at low end other than throttle response?

What if I go with a smaller pilot to lean it out? bad idea? :shootself:

Thanks in advance

I agree. Get rid of the toomey needle and go back to the stocker, 4th clip might work good depending on your airbox mods and where your at.

Just remember your playing with Toomeys and your low end will only be sooo much. ;)

I've exactly the same problem...TR6 were supposed to be a little bit on the tork side...but I'm disappointed. I have the standard needle at 4th clip (3td was too lean). First I've try with number 30 pilots but my plugs became really wet I was too rich from 0-1/4 throttle. I'm not sure that pilots number 35 will help... I've installed power reeds and reed spacer but I wasn't able to see the difference. Then I removed the airbox lid: better but not exactly what I want. I know that Toomey's aren't the best for low rpm's. Please help! :blink:

i had t6's and i loved riding trails with them, once you get your bikes dialed in it will be alot better. Ive riding some trails with shearer inframes, and im going to cpi's now, Youll have to work the clutch some in the low r's but after you are used to it you wont even notice.

Youll have to work the clutch some in the low r's but after you are used to it you wont even notice.

Ditto that!! I've got T-5's and I knew they wouldn't be "ideal" for trails but I wanted them anyhow...Once I got used to using the clutch more I've had no problems whatsoever.

If my jetting is ok with 280 mains, do you recommand going to 300 if I ride with the airbox lid removed and a durablue filter?

I think you should try the 290 first...if you removed the airbox completely I'd say go for the 300, maybe 310. JMHO :)

is the stock needle richer?

i'm currently on the 5th grove of my dynojet needles.

and my lowend is somewhat slugish aswell.

i still have the 25 pilots though. (t5's + boyesen reeds + K&N filters)

i would use your stock needles i had mine set on the middle clip.