1/8 Mile Gearing

q8bizkit78

• 4 weeks later...

what times are yall running with the reallly big front sprockets i run one size bigger in the front and stock back and im about wound out in an 1/8. it seems like it would be a whole lot slower with the bigger sprockets. I really dont see how that could make you faster?? maybe yall can explain this too me a lil better i hit 80mph though with this gearing whats yalls speed. Matt

a friend of mine is running 15/40 gearing in the 1/8 mile. The bigger front sprocket helps him not to spin as bad off the line. He is running a wheelie bar and comes out of the hole wide open. We are going to a 16/38 next week. He is running 7.88 @ 84mph in the 1/8 with the 15/40 and still spinning and getting tire hop off the line.

• 1 month later...

ok i just raced last friday night. i had one size bigger on front than stock. i just put my 2-1 carb kit on the day before and it wasnt jetted right but i lost a lot of top end. i orderd 2 sizes bigger front today and im gonna see how its going to do. my best time with the 2-1 kit was 8.41, with my stock carbs i ran 8.30, any predictions on what i will run with my carbs jetted right and 2 sizes bigger front sproket. thanks Matt