What Does The Shee Do If It Overheats?

my shee has never overheated, what does it do when it overheats?

banghead

I would suggest installing a temp gauge. It costs less than $5 and you can learn a lot about what riding gets the temps up the quickest. I don't have the link for the instructions, but a simple search should find it rather quick. You basically just tap a meat thermometer into one of the coolant lines.

If mine gets real hot I can hear water coolant sizzling off the pipes and the rubber hose I use to hold the pipes together will smoke a little. :shootself:

In all honesty here... When my shee ran hot (1 time only) it really didnt run too much different. It was a little sluggish and I felt an aweful lot of heat rise on my legs but I got her out into the open,wound her out and cooled her off. It blew a little antifreeze out the overflow but that was about it. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I have a temp guage and the max it reads is 220. I had it wound all the way around past 220 all the way around to 40.I ran it like this for about 5 mins at low rpms. This is a meat thermometer so I dont know how accurate it is but it has always been pretty dead on before and after. I dont know how helpful this info is but I honesty feel I am a very lucky person to have run the shee this hot and not tear up anything and still have the original plastic impellor still working... I guess my Irish wife may have something to do with it?? Who knows.Maybe I got a false reading? All I know is we were creeping through the woods for about 30 mins at a very slow speedin 100 degree summer heat. Hope this helps... If not sorry.. :cheers: