Opinions On Cpi -vs- Rocket -vs- Grr Suicide

JTQuad

Right now I run FMF Fatties and powercore 2's these pipes are holding me back majorly. Im looking for a pipe that performs amazing and looks great. I prefer an out of frame pipe chrome. The pipes have to come out both sides. Noise doesnt matter to much since it will be a show bike and only ran on the flats. Can someone give input on these as well as prices? Thanks - JT

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocket pipes, no doubt, I have heard ALOT of good things about them, the guy(s) the sell them are on BansheeHQ so it would help out your fellow HQ'ers and also you get a discount on the price being a HQ member and they look INSANLY good, I would go with them for sure..But thats just me..

Im not 100% positive but I believe they are cheaper then the cpi's? Correct me if Im wrong..

yes they are cheaper than the cpi's. i bought a set of t-5s from the guy who sells them on here and hes the guy who makes them i think. he tells me theyre the awesome. i will be buying some from him sometime this summer. hes a real nice guy to deal with too.if you everwant to buy some contact him, his name is rocketman28 on here.

Thanks for all the positive things, im always waiting for the negative, and after 2 years ive heard not 1 so im extremly happy, i want only for people who buy my pipes to rip! ya know? i should buy some of those tommy pipes or is it toomie? that way id always be able to ride, every time i make a new set of pipes for my bike i sell them to some poor kid who wants to go fast, next thing you know im advancing timing and tapering carbs and on, on,on but its all cool gota help the bros!

• 1 month later...

Check out FTZ pipes also, I hear they are better on the big engines than CPI's. FTZ's make the big bore CPI's look like small bore pipes, the chamber diameter is huge. But with the good comes some bad, they are a cone design and are very thin and don't hold up well on a dune type Shee and probably not look to great on a show bike. I don't have any input on the other two (GRR or Rockets) except to say that I really like they way the Rockets look, they have a nice smooth round curve from the flange and out to the side instead of the usual straight piece then bent piece then curved piece and out to the side. Nice.

As a side note, hey Rocketman who answers the phone over there? I called and talked to someone about some inframes and they didn't sound like they knew very much about them and how well they worked? Very disappointing. I was so disgusted with talking to all the big companys about inframes, I bought a set of used Power Pro small bore out of frames off e-bay just to run over the Memorial Day weekend. bangheadbangheadbanghead