Wheelie Bars

snowprophet1

If I were to try and fabricate an ugly but functional wheelie bar to try out, where is the best place to mount it...to the swingarm only, to the swingarm and frame, or just to the frame? Any tips or ideas or pictures? I can't wait to try more daring holeshots! :bolt:

I have the same question if you have a stock rear swingarm as i do i was thinking of mounting the bottom of the of the wheeliebar to the the mounts for the rear skidplate and fabricating a piece to weld to the top of the swingarm for the top rod of the wheelie bar to mount to this keeps everything on the swingarm.

i just made one if you use the place where the pipes bolt to in the back (close to where the swing arm mounts) and the 2 front holes where the grab bar mounts it works great. i'll post some pic tomorrow! tried it out on my buddys (might is down for motor work) can't wait to get it done. but anyway post pics later. form my buddys quad!

I have the same question if you have a stock rear swingarm as i do i was thinking of mounting the bottom of the of the wheeliebar to the the mounts for the rear skidplate and fabricating a piece to weld to the top of the swingarm for the top rod of the wheelie bar to mount to this keeps everything on the swingarm.

mine is done exactly like this and it works perfect, asphalt and dirt. :headbang:

cb67rs1...I don't know whick one is giving me the woody, the picture of your wife there, or that banshee! Nice setup! What size/compound tires are those? Me likey! I can see where the bottom of the wheelie bar mounts, but the top is hard to see. Is it to the frame where the pipes used to bolt near the airbox, or is it on the top of the swingarm where the pivot for the shock "dogbone" is? THANKS!

Today somebody told me a low #, say 20 durometer is very sticky but will not survive more than a couple drags or burnouts, because it's like a pencil eraser. I should use a #44 (harder tire) or maybe even a higher number for asphalt. Any truth to that? :flush: ? I want something that will last, but work. I will be running a stock stroker, but ported/pipes etc., and of course a wheelie bar like yours (but I'm sure it won't look quite as nice as yours!).