Riffeling Carbs

Ducman

There are many factors involved and the time Proven method of a rough surface with smooth flowing contour is better for making horsepower thought better fuel atomization and intake velocity.

At high-speed airflow on smooth surface can travels backward. Read up on laminar flow. It is this reasoning that I believe that a Smooth rifle carb Intake area is Bad Idea.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh really? im not seeing really how. the only thing that i could see that would help atomization in the intake ports themself would be when the mixture hits the bridge and thats about it. try sliding something on a basketball court and then dry sliding something in your stone driveway.

We're not talking about a solid object sliding across a large flat surface we're talking about a gas (air) flowing through a small port. Air doesn't flow like a solid object would.

kinda weird how it manages to beat bigger quads and both CP and hollywood's porting have had customers beating banshees

Why do you HWD goons always have to drag CP in to every one of your arguements? Try being a little more mature and don't name people or builders that have nothing to do with the issue. Tell me how a 23HP blaster is going to beat a 32-35HP banshee? The only way it's possible is if it was a real short race since the blaster is about 60LBS lighter and are lower geared. Try one of these HWD motors to a track and tell me what it runs in the 300ft. My guess would be somewhere in the high 10's :lol:

Since you dragged CP into this, would you like to talk about how one of his stock bore, stock carb, dune/drag ported bikes beat one of hollywoods 240cc PD3s? Now that is sad! :lol:

ive heard rumors but im not sure if he is or not yet. and if there is "no way" he is going to get into the business how are you gonna stop him? keep putting down his work.  hey ive never seen his work on banshees so i am not gonna say anything about it yet but if its as good as his work on my blaster and various others than his customers will be the only ones laughing.

I heard it from the horses mouth himself (hollywood). I don't need to stop him because 99% of these guys are smart enough to know what works and what doesn't and carb rifling and polished intakes are the type of stuff that doesn't work. He may be able to pull one over on some of the blaster riders since they don't seem to know any better, but the banshee world is a whole different story! I'm sure if his work is as "good" as the work on your blaster then those banshees are going to be getting beat by bone stock LT80's!!

biffdenman, just keep running your mouth, you're just showing what kind of immature customer base hollywood has :lol:

Stan, we still have the banshee, but I've been spending all my money on the scrambler, we'll see how it runs this year, if it's dissapointing then I might just sell it and buy some 80's shee and pimp it out B)

i think this is like the 3rd time i have said this in this thread but polished intakes couse fuel to glob up and stick it ruff intakes couse it to atomize its a proven fact that a fine mist burnes better then globs of fuel

also i have never heard of cp who are they i would like to see hwd beat some ones porting like patriot racing who knows what there doing

as far as blasters beating banshee's it is possiable with a 3mm stroker and a 240 sleave a big bore pipe and some good dune porting a blaster can make mid 30's

and they will beat a stock banshee but not by much and deffently not on top speed

Edited by MULLET~BOY

someone dynod Cps Aggresive trail/mx port with stock crank/stock carb at 39.7 HP...I have his porting and I eat a HWD 240BB PD#3 with 34mmcarb and a few other mods and I totally killed him it was like me racing a stock blaster..... just like piped z400s 400exs I can run a car lenght ahead of apiped 400ex with no problem ..all I got to say about CPs Port work is :whoa:

someone dynod Cps Aggresive trail/mx port with stock crank/stock carb at 39.7 HP...I have his porting and I eat a HWD 240BB PD#3 with 34mmcarb and a few other mods and I totally killed him it was like me racing a stock blaster..... just like piped z400s 400exs I can run  a car lenght ahead of apiped 400ex with no problem ..all I got to say about CPs Port work is :whoa:

well first of all wanker, your friend ddint pay attention to the instructions marc provided and he had an air leak and burned up his top end. if you can take pride in beating another quad with an air leak on the verge of blowing the top end you might as well go beat up some retarded kids and go brag to your mom and dad about it. :clap: secondly, i really dont doubt that you beat his pd3 if you have craig's dune port. obviously his larger dune port is going to make more power over a more trail/moto oriented type bike. im sure the drag shees up at silver lake will get beat by your local shee MX riders in a drag. :rolleyes: i mean no disrespect to craig's work at all. he seems to do quality work and i would do business with him at any time if i needed to but your just being an ignorant ass about it.

someone dynod Cps Aggresive trail/mx port with stock crank/stock carb at 39.7 HP...I have his porting and I eat a HWD 240BB PD#3 with 34mmcarb and a few other mods and I totally killed him it was like me racing a stock blaster..... just like piped z400s 400exs I can run  a car lenght ahead of apiped 400ex with no problem ..all I got to say about CPs Port work is :whoa:

well first of all wanker, your friend ddint pay attention to the instructions marc provided and he had an air leak and burned up his top end. if you can take pride in beating another quad with an air leak on the verge of blowing the top end you might as well go beat up some retarded kids and go brag to your mom and dad about it. :clap: secondly, i really dont doubt that you beat his pd3 if you have craig's dune port. obviously his larger dune port is going to make more power over a more trail/moto oriented type bike. im sure the drag shees up at silver lake will get beat by your local shee MX riders in a drag. :rolleyes: i mean no disrespect to craig's work at all. he seems to do quality work and i would do business with him at any time if i needed to but your just being an ignorant ass about it.

hahahah your so smart hes got new piston,rings and mmmmm guess what? :jesterlaugh::yank:

We're not talking about a solid object sliding across a large flat surface we're talking about a gas (air) flowing through a small port. Air doesn't flow like a solid object would.

and the difference is?  just like drag coefficients on cars a smooth object is anything will flow better than a rough surface.  thats not really the point though.  carbon will not stick.  you try to explain in detail very vividly how a rough intake can atomize fuel/oil better and then ill agree.  again i see how this may be on a 4 stroke engine but im not really seeing the importance on a 2 stroke engine.

Why do you HWD goons always have to drag CP in to every one of your arguements? Try being a little more mature and don't name people or builders that have nothing to do with the issue.

im not dragging them in here.  i think craig does great work.  and he doesnt exactly have nothing to do with it.  both him and hollywood owners have beat shees.

Tell me how a 23HP blaster is going to beat a 32-35HP banshee?

tell me why you are comparing a RWHP to the crank hp off a shee. :rolleyes:  any logical person on this forums(which is 99% of the people here) that has dealt with dynos will tell you that there are many variables that determine a dyno output and taking your everyday blaster with the offroad tires on the dyno is not going to give the best number for overall output.  i already stated that but i guess it didnt sink in.

Try one of these HWD motors to a track and tell me what it runs in the 300ft.

ummm the last i checked marc doesnt make drag ported engines.  im pretty sure whoops nope positive he makes trail and moto oriented port jobs.  what the customers decides to do with it is up to them.

My guess would be somewhere in the high 10's

wow still better than your IQ level.

carbon will not stick. you try to explain in detail very vividly how a rough intake can atomize fuel/oil better and then ill agree.

How often do you see carbon build up in the intakes? How about you read back through this post like I've told you 20 times to see how it atomizes better. Do you you really think hollywood knows something that every other builder doesn't? How about the guys that spend thousands and thousands of dollars on testing and tuning, don't you think they would have tried polishing the intakes once or twice? What makes you think hollywood is right if he has never had his motors tested? That's totally rediculous. If you want to think that top builders who've spent hundreds/thousands of hours testing don't know something then some hack (who probably works out of the back of a van) who has never tested a motor does, then go ahead and do it. Those of us who aren't as ignorant will just have to laugh as we blow by you in a race :)

tell me why you are comparing a RWHP to the crank hp off a shee. :rolleyes: any logical person on this forums(which is 99% of the people here) that has dealt with dynos will tell you that there are many variables that determine a dyno output and taking your everyday blaster with the offroad tires on the dyno is not going to give the best number for overall output. i already stated that but i guess it didnt sink in.

You only wish that was crank horsepower :lol: I could care less what you have stated, some small atmospheric changes aren't going to make a 50% HP difference, so keep trying to make up excuses why HWDs motors are such slugs ;)

There are many factors involved and the time Proven method of a rough surface with smooth flowing contour is better for making horsepower thought better fuel atomization and intake velocity.

At high-speed airflow on smooth surface can  travels backward. Read up on laminar flow. It is this reasoning that I believe that a Smooth rifle carb Intake area is Bad Idea.

Is a surface rough when it's covered in slippery ass two stroke oil. I'm not sure I buy the whole "rough surface causing molecules to atomize" either.

Oh, and I don't believe the "vortex" would work either. Every time the slide moves you'd screw it up.

I didn't read all of this so If I repeated... sorry.

and the difference is?  just like drag coefficients on cars a smooth object is anything will flow better than a rough surface.  thats not really the point though.  carbon will not stick.  you try to explain in detail very vividly how a rough intake can atomize fuel/oil better and then ill agree.  again i see how this may be on a 4 stroke engine but im not really seeing the importance on a 2 stroke engine.

Why do you HWD goons always have to drag CP in to every one of your arguements? Try being a little more mature and don't name people or builders that have nothing to do with the issue.

im not dragging them in here.  i think craig does great work.  and he doesnt exactly have nothing to do with it.  both him and hollywood owners have beat shees.

Tell me how a 23HP blaster is going to beat a 32-35HP banshee?

tell me why you are comparing a RWHP to the crank hp off a shee. :rolleyes: any logical person on this forums(which is 99% of the people here) that has dealt with dynos will tell you that there are many variables that determine a dyno output and taking your everyday blaster with the offroad tires on the dyno is not going to give the best number for overall output.  i already stated that but i guess it didnt sink in.

Try one of these HWD motors to a track and tell me what it runs in the 300ft.

ummm the last i checked marc doesnt make drag ported engines.  im pretty sure whoops nope positive he makes trail and moto oriented port jobs.  what the customers decides to do with it is up to them.

My guess would be somewhere in the high 10's

wow still better than your IQ level.

carbon will not stick. you try to explain in detail very vividly how a rough intake can atomize fuel/oil better and then ill agree.

How often do you see carbon build up in the intakes? How about you read back through this post like I've told you 20 times to see how it atomizes better. Do you you really think hollywood knows something that every other builder doesn't? How about the guys that spend thousands and thousands of dollars on testing and tuning, don't you think they would have tried polishing the intakes once or twice? What makes you think hollywood is right if he has never had his motors tested? That's totally rediculous. If you want to think that top builders who've spent hundreds/thousands of hours testing don't know something then some hack (who probably works out of the back of a van) who has never tested a motor does, then go ahead and do it. Those of us who aren't as ignorant will just have to laugh as we blow by you in a race :)

tell me why you are comparing a RWHP to the crank hp off a shee. :rolleyes: any logical person on this forums(which is 99% of the people here) that has dealt with dynos will tell you that there are many variables that determine a dyno output and taking your everyday blaster with the offroad tires on the dyno is not going to give the best number for overall output. i already stated that but i guess it didnt sink in.

You only wish that was crank horsepower :lol: I could care less what you have stated, some small atmospheric changes aren't going to make a 50% HP difference, so keep trying to make up excuses why HWDs motors are such slugs ;)

How often do you see carbon build up in the intakes?

ummm pretty often for those who do not run real clean burning oils(which is most people). the shit begins to buildup on the rough spots of the windows.

How about you read back through this post like I've told you 20 times to see how it atomizes better.

doesnt really explain how it works.

Do you you really think hollywood knows something that every other builder doesn't?

its not something every builder needs to know. carbon has a harder time sticking to a smooth surface. ive seen numerous people run polished intakes and none of them have any porblems at all with an inadequate burn. i just got back from a friends that just tore down a shee and he took a die grain bit to the bridges and kinda beveled them(nothing catastrophic) but he polished his intakes on his banshee and his previous one and guess what? no probs. no signs of fuel globbing in portions of the head from burns. they run like raped apes too.

You only wish that was crank horsepower

ok find me a dyno sheet showing the RWHP of a shee since your so sure. there is NO WAY a STOCK banshee is putting down 35hp at the wheels.

:lol: I could care less what you have stated, some small atmospheric changes aren't going to make a 50% HP difference

the last i checked a tenth of a horsepower isnt a 50% change. :yank:

so keep trying to make up excuses why HWDs motors are such slugs

yet youve never rode one or seen one run :lol: