Riffeling Carbs

Ducman

I talked to one of the guys that works for hollywood dirt yesterday, and if you think your hurting their business by bashing them, well guess what, your not.

They have doubled business since last year and have 5 current builds going on for nationals and are currently doing flat track blasters, not to mention they have done over 150 port jobs to date and just signed the papers for a new shop being built, seems like all the shee-gurg bashing is just making Hollywood dirts customer base stronger, maybe you should keep it up, I'm sure your going to help them finish the year with some great sales figures, you guys don't know much about marketing skills do you, a good business man can turn negative comments into sales figures, I know I was very satisifed with the work they did for me, I also found out that Mark doesn't even work the message boards any longer becasue he has no time, he has people sign on and do it for him, I think some of you are just jealous to see a guy succeed at a growing business and would like to see it fail because you don't understand some of his designs and just want to show YOUR maturity by talking down towards them, some day when you grow up and have to make a living on your own you'll see how ignorant you really were :rolleyes:

Funny, but maybe you should go check his forums, he's only doing 2 motors. Exadurating a bit are we? Hollywood has no employees. He just asked one of his CUSTOMERS to open up a second shop with his name. I don't want some guy who has NEVER ported a motor before porting one of my motors. It's just another way for hollywood to scam his customers I guess.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys are just plain azz holes, go "F" yourselfs, your obviously jealous and don't want to admit it, I guess you have seen hollywoods shop haven't you?

you sure know alot about them gurgman, you some kind of homosexual or what?

you guys give message boards a bad name with your constant negativity, dic heads :shootself:

Damn this topic has really grown some legs and done some moving. If you don't like hollywoods work then don't buy it, pretty simple concept.

As far as that specific dyno goes,.....a stock 400ex puts out 20 hp.........A piped raptor put out 32hp take the #'s however you want. When compared to the fmf dyno of a stock blaster puts out 11hp, I think 23 is pretty respectable. (yes I know toomey's stock blaster puts out around 20hp.....believe what you want)

The numbers are low, I had ran the dyno with 160psi, I currently have 180psi. (I made the mistake of breaking it in with full synthetic oil......took over 20hrs to get to full compression.......live and learn)

I liked the effects of the rifled stock carb, so I sent him my 34mm pj.

Polishing 2 stroke intakes is nothing new. I've talked to people who remeber seeing it done in the mid 70's to race sleds. The reason it isn't more common, is because it is an extra step in the porting, and why should porters do it when people will buy it without.

If you have read my post this far and don't agree with me...... go back to the top of this reply and re-read the 2nd sentence.

Damn biff I thought you were this big mature college student. I guess you're nothing more then an average uninformed immature customer of hollywoods :lol:

Hollywoods sidekick finally admitted that the polishing does absolutely nothing but look good. So that means Hollywood is charging everyone for something totally useless. Man I want to send him my cylinder now!!

Yamaha claims the blaster puts out about 14-15HP at the wheels. I will believe that over some dyno of FMF's since their dynos seem to show that they are the best pipe ever made :huh:

I don't think you can really compare something they did in the 70's to stuff they do now. There have been a lot of advances in 2 stroke building and comparing Hollywoods work to something they quit doing 30 years ago doesn't really help get your point across. The reason why people don't do it is because its a complete waste of time. I don't want to pay my builder to do things to the ports that are totally useless :yank:

Here's the statement of a true genius, I'm surprised you didn't call us "poopy heads" somewhere in there :lol: :

you guys are just plain azz holes, go "F" yourselfs, your obviously jealous and don't want to admit it, I guess you have seen hollywoods shop haven't you?

you sure know alot about them gurgman, you some kind of homosexual or what?

you so smart :D

your a celebrity now on the forums, you big hunk of homosexual masculenity :D

Big truck=small willy :unsure:

With pervs like you around, hand lotion and tissues will never have to lay people off from work, ha, ha lay, does your inflateable sheep need a patch?

Are mommy and daddy brother and sister? I knew I saw you on an episode of Jerry Springer :blink:

With pervs like you around, hand lotion and tissues will never have to lay people off from work, ha, ha lay, does your inflateable sheep need a patch?

Are mommy and daddy brother and sister?  I knew I saw you on an episode of Jerry Springer :blink:

Well since half of your post didn't make any sense I'm just gonna smile and nod ;)

sweet..... I've been labled as a "side kick", I'll take that as a compliment B)

and I am interested in where you interpret my post as

"polishing does absolutely nothing but look good. "?

and just where has yamaha claimed this hp # and why would an after market company trying to boost hp claim lower then the manufactor?

"Yamaha claims the blaster puts out about 14-15HP at the wheels. I will believe that over some dyno of FMF's since their dynos seem to show that they are the best pipe ever made"

and, what about people 30 years ago, do you really think they dumber back then? Most didn't use huge nation wide shops to do their modifications for them, they used trial and error and stuck with what worked. Like I said why would most shops who are all about volume go the extra distance when people will buy the run of the mill stuff they put on the shelves. (the extra work hollywood does goes against most business models, and the current trend of streamlining production, why provide extra service without extra compensation?......maybe the guy truely does care about the products he puts his name on...........very odd )

"I don't think you can really compare something they did in the 70's to stuff they do now. There have been a lot of advances in 2 stroke building and comparing Hollywoods work to something they quit doing 30 years ago doesn't really help get your point across. The reason why people don't do it is because its a complete waste of time. I don't want to pay my builder to do things to the ports that are totally useless"

Now gurg, just because some thing doesn't fit neatly into your little box that you consider normal, doesn't mean that is wrong or doesn't work. Instead of me and those that have hollywoods mods constantly trying to prove that they work, why don't you try some of his stuff and prove that it doesn't work :D or do you plan on trash talking his products that you have never tried with your power of they keyboard. :yank:

By the way you'll happy to know that most of hollywoods products are very affordable, so in you quest to prove him and countless customers wrong, you'll save a few bucks in attempting it. :clap:

Edited by daputz

Are mommy and daddy brother and sister?  I knew I saw you on an episode of Jerry Springer :blink:

Well since half of your post didn't make any sense I'm just gonna smile and nod ;)

of course it didn't make sense to a dumbass inbreed like you, zit face :huh:

and just where has yamaha claimed this hp # and why would an after market company trying to boost hp claim lower then the manufactor?

"Yamaha claims the blaster puts out about 14-15HP at the wheels. I will believe that over some dyno of FMF's since their dynos seem to show that they are the best pipe ever made"

and, what about people 30 years ago, do you really think they dumber back then? Most didn't use huge nation wide shops to do their modifications for them, they used trial and error and stuck with what worked. Like I said why would most shops who are all about volume go the extra distance when people will buy the run of the mill stuff they put on the shelves. (the extra work hollywood does goes against most business models, and the current trend of streamlining production, why provide extra service without extra compensation?......maybe the guy truely does care about the products he puts his name on...........very odd )

"I don't think you can really compare something they did in the 70's to stuff they do now. There have been a lot of advances in 2 stroke building and comparing Hollywoods work to something they quit doing 30 years ago doesn't really help get your point across. The reason why people don't do it is because its a complete waste of time. I don't want to pay my builder to do things to the ports that are totally useless"

Now gurg, just because some thing doesn't fit neatly into your little box that you consider normal, doesn't mean that is wrong or doesn't work. Instead of me and those that have hollywoods mods constantly trying to prove that they work, why don't you try some of his stuff and prove that it doesn't work :D or do you plan on trash talking his products that you have never tried with your power of they keyboard. :yank:

By the way you'll happy to know that most of hollywoods products are very affordable, so in you quest to prove him and countless customers wrong, you'll save a few bucks in attempting it. :clap:

I wasn't talking about you when I said "side kick" I was talking about his little butt buddy criminalpoet.

Most people back then had nothing to test their work on so of course they'll think it goes faster after they spent 80 hours working over the engine. Sure going in and hacking up the ports is going to increase the horsepower slightly, but a real builder who knows what he is doing can increase horsepower dramatically. Who is comparing Hollywood to huge nationwide shops? I am talking about the small 1-2 man shops like the ones around here for instance. The shops that can get you huge power increases for the same price as those hack builders that only give you 1-2HP increases. Whats the point of charging someone for something that is totally useless? I would say that's why most shops don't polish intakes, because they don't want to waste peoples time and money on something that does nothing. You and "those that have hollywoods mods" have done nothing to prove that they work.. Well I take that back, you did dyno your motor and that pretty much proved that his porting is crap. He can give you all the excuses in the world "That IS a good number, you didn't have the right tires, blah blah blah", but face facts, even going off your stock horsepower numbers that would only amount to a 4-5 HP increase out of a FULL port job. I seriously doubt a big bore is going to double your horsepower, but CT's 240 big bore dynoed out at 40HP. That's almost double what your ported motor put out.

I Still find it very sad that a builder expects his customers to not only pay for his work, but pay to have it tested to find out if it actually does anything. Hey, why don't you show me some dynos that hollywood has done over the years during his "over 10 years of testing"? Oh wait, they don't exist! So hes just been blindly hacking away at cylinders never testing them, probably never even making a port map or measuring the ports either and charging them to do it. I bet he doesn't even have a degree wheel does he?

I wasn't talking about you when I said "side kick" I was talking about his little butt buddy criminalpoet.

Most people back then had nothing to test their work on so of course they'll think it goes faster after they spent 80 hours working over the engine. Sure going in and hacking up the ports is going to increase the horsepower slightly, but a real builder who knows what he is doing can increase horsepower dramatically. Who is comparing Hollywood to huge nationwide shops? I am talking about the small 1-2 man shops like the ones around here for instance. The shops that can get you huge power increases for the same price as those hack builders that only give you 1-2HP increases. Whats the point of charging someone for something that is totally useless? I would say that's why most shops don't polish intakes, because they don't want to waste peoples time and money on something that does nothing. You and "those that have hollywoods mods" have done nothing to prove that they work.. Well I take that back, you did dyno your motor and that pretty much proved that his porting is crap. He can give you all the excuses in the world "That IS a good number, you didn't have the right tires, blah blah blah", but face facts, even going off your stock horsepower numbers that would only amount to a 4-5 HP increase out of a FULL port job. I seriously doubt a big bore is going to double your horsepower, but CT's 240 big bore dynoed out at 40HP. That's almost double what your ported motor put out.

I Still find it very sad that a builder expects his customers to not only pay for his work, but pay to have it tested to find out if it actually does anything. Hey, why don't you show me some dynos that hollywood has done over the years during his "over 10 years of testing"? Oh wait, they don't exist! So hes just been blindly hacking away at cylinders never testing them, probably never even making a port map or measuring the ports either and charging them to do it. I bet he doesn't even have a degree wheel does he?

Whats the point of charging someone for something that is totally useless? I would say that's why most shops don't polish intakes, because they don't want to waste peoples time and money on something that does nothing.

the last i checked it reduced carbon deposits and ive also seen that marc has some of the most affordable prices around so i dont see how he is "wasting people's money"

You and "those that have hollywoods mods" have done nothing to prove that they work.. Well I take that back, you did dyno your motor and that pretty much proved that his porting is crap. He can give you all the excuses in the world "That IS a good number, you didn't have the right tires, blah blah blah", but face facts, even going off your stock horsepower numbers that would only amount to a 4-5 HP increase out of a FULL port job. I seriously doubt a big bore is going to double your horsepower, but CT's 240 big bore dynoed out at 40HP. That's almost double what your ported motor put out.

how about you face the facts. DYNO TIRES DO MATTER. you ASK ANYBODY with dyno experience and knowledge and they will tell you that KNOBBY tires will not give anywhere near a higher number than DYNO TIRES. STREET vehicles use DYNO TIRES on their runs and they are already running a pretty much smooth surface street tire and they see improvments from just switching over from smooth to smoother. i wonder what it would run if it had a set of hoosiers or something else smooth to show a dyno. ill be waiting for you to tell me how it doesnt affect dyno performance. its not an excuse it is a FACT. as for CT's big bore kit and its dyno i am going to email CT just to prove what im saying. :jesterlaugh:

oh my bad i guess since so and so over at some big name comany doesnt put up dynos and doesnt release any information that he is instantly blindly hacking away at cylinders. i bet he doesnt do any flow bench testing, dyno testing, and other testing on all his products. wow i bet he just sucks major balls then :yank: