Head Work

with all the 400 ex's around here my banshee is "becomeing" slow, after i get my exhaust and all, if i have the money my friend was telling me he could get stuff done to my head for me (port polish ect...)for around $100 but he was tellin me i could just buy a new one with like 19cc domes for around the same price? A is that true B what would be better?

slow to a 400ex!!? you got a plug wire off or something? sounds like you need a new top end before you go to pumping the comp. up with a head mod. check your compression to see if she's still sealed up first then go from there

these 400ex are PIMPED i mean bored over all out head work exhaust diff sprokets. . . any way how much power will that head give? PM me about it since this thread isent guna stay too popular, i might have to get some money and start posting in the wanted sections again. . .

Milling the head will give you a lot of low end torque and a little more HP throughout the whole RPM range but not a lot. It makes slow riding and cruising easier and more injoyable and gives you some more power before the band kicks in so it feels a little smoother when the power kick in. If you want a substantial increase go for pipes and then for even more HP after the pipes get the cylinders ported. You should first check your compresion and make sure your shee is healthy.

with all the 400 ex's around here my banshee is "becomeing" slow

what?? u should be killin them dude

ive killed them all many times but now their gettin PIMPED out and smokin me, no i'm guna need a lil work, i'm thinkin bout buyin that head depengind on whats done to it for when i get my pipes and jetting and all done, sounds like a good idea for now. . .

I RIDE ALOT OF TRAILS BUT THERE IS THIS ONE STOP WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN 30 BIKES OUT SORDA LIKE FAST&FURIOUS ON QUADS AND THERE IS A LONG ABANDONED STREET THAT PEOPLE RACE ON. WELL, WHEN MY BIKE WAS STOCK (CUT PLASTICS, 16 ON THE FRONT THATS IT..) NOOOOO 400 EX COULD TOUCH ME. CLOCKED @ 80. SOMETHING MPH :headbang::headbang:

I RIDE ALOT OF TRAILS BUT THERE IS THIS ONE STOP WHERE THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN 30 BIKES OUT SORDA LIKE FAST&FURIOUS ON QUADS AND THERE IS A LONG ABANDONED STREET THAT PEOPLE RACE ON. WELL, WHEN MY BIKE WAS STOCK (CUT PLASTICS, 16 ON THE FRONT THATS IT..) NOOOOO 400 EX COULD TOUCH ME. CLOCKED @ 80. SOMETHING MPH :headbang:  :headbang:

That big sprocket helps on the long drag races.