Screw Size

"thenewguy"

does anyone know the screw size for the grab bar(rear bumper) what ever ya wanna call it. i need to know the size of the screw that goes into the frame.

i need to tap it with some thing and id rather have the right size. tryed to get the one on that the previous owner had in ther but the thing snapped trying to get it in all the way. luckally there was enough meaat on it to take it out with the vise grips, lol. any help would be great.

If I remember correctly, the heads of those bolts are 12mm. Those type of bolts are called flanged hex head bolts. Again if I remember correctly, a 12mm head bolt has an 10mm thread. Now I'm going from memory, so I'm not positive.

A good way for you figure the size is take out a good bolt from the grab bar and take it with you to where you are going to purchase the tap. You can then make sure you have the correct diameter by sight and test the pitch by seeing if the tap and bolt threads you have mesh when placed beside each other.

The heads are 12mm, but the bolt size is an M8, but I don't remember the pitch. The bolts with the 10mm head is an M6, and the smaller bolts in the plastic around the rad are M5's. Take the old bolt and try to match the pitch with a new, known size nut. Then buy a bolt with that size.