Widening Front,alternative?

streetshee

hi there,i need to make my shee wider at the front but new a rms by the time we get em over here are about 800 euros! so i thought about making some spacers that bolt to the original frame mounts for the a arms(so a plate from the top one to the bottom one and then different mounting possabilitys to make her lower still) does anybody know someone thats done it before? the work is no prob,have everything i need at wkshop,just not exactly sure how im gonna do it yet??? :unsure:

yeh but i dont trust wheel spacers,have got lowering kit front and back,but not enough,front arms are level but i want it even lower so i thought with the adjustable spacers on frame i can mount the a arms wider and up more on the frame so i can stay level but still be lower,i dont know if im explaining myself good enough? get what i mean?

I htink I understand your question.The biggest thing you have to take into consideration is twist.What ever you do about the adjustable arm mounts it will have to be able to take twisting .Even a tt track has some holes that will push the arm back and even braking will put some amount of pressure on them .I would think this thur very carefully before doing as it seems you are.I just installed raptor spindles on my shee and they made it wider,had to go to +3 tie rods from +2.

im gonna be using bilstein shocks (i know not the best but i think theyl be ok for this year) does anyone know a good spring rating for front and rear,im 63kg,like it on the harder side!(oops!). the a arm mounts will i think hold up,weve thought em out pretty well.well if not then ill find out the not forgetfull way :shootself: what about shortening the swinger?how much? most of my racing will be on tarmac with a bit of rough,supermoto style! im not sure if its quite the same as tt? someone correct me? just that the clips ive seen from america seem to be all on loose surface????????? :unsure: