Bog In 6th Gear Only

Otis

i just put the bike back together(pipes, rejetted, filter...) and took 'er out for a little test and tune run.

Here's the only thing i didnt understand.. it runs great until 6th gear at WOT. Where it bogs slightly.

It only does it in 6th....

what i've done

fatty's

pd/k-&-n set up

320 mains

27.5 pilots

2 turns out on air screws

needles in stock position...

it was about 80 out today, and I'm at 2030 ft above...

what could be causing it to bog only in 6th at WOT?????

Yep, sounds a little rich for that temp and altitude. Everything else looks good. I would drop to 310s if it is only bogging a little bit.

Unless you plan on riding in different conditions soon, cooler or lower elevation. Then I would just leave it.

With fatties and not a really highly modded motor it may also be hard to pull 6th real strong unless your on fairly flat and hard ground. I know in the soft choppy sand my gnarlies would pull 5th just fine but going up hill, not even all that steep had a hard time pulling 6th, and it would bog a bit and I'd loose momentum so I'd have to shift back down to 5th, although, I do weigh 250. Just a thought. If your on flat solid ground then, try cleaning your air filter if you haven't done it in a while, it it still bogs then go to #310 mains.