Dynoedge Porting Sucks!

imo the gnarly's or fatty's (same damn pipe diferent stamping) will broaden ur power band compared to the dynoport pipe. just because the pipes would flow more over all compared to the dyno port. my buddy t.r. had the same problem and he switched to a toomey t5 set up(pipes not normally noted for low end) after runnin the dyno port 2-1 and getting a trail port porting his bike was a whole diferent machine and now he loves it cuz it just seems like his bike allways has power everywhere it pulled right off of idle and still had power in the mid and top. i would give the pipes a shot then see if ya wanna sell the bike.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to gain more throughout, not lose any compression or low end you go wider with the exaust and work on the transfers, never taller on the exaust. Is there any way you can find out how many deg's your exaust is set for??? There shouldn't be anymore than just cleaning the casting marks off the intake. If they didn't go too high you should be able to go with a 4mm crank and raise the cylinders with spacer plates to get your bottom end back, or some of it atleast along with adding more throughout the powerband. Advancing the crank will help some also. Would love to see some pics of this!!!

For whoever said they were running 72 hp on stock cylinders and still had a ton of low end, well, show me. You cannot get 72 hp without it being peaky or if you can its the first motor in history to do so.

There are allot of great builders out there but for a MX port job the only name that I can think of is Dan Wade @ Patriot racing. I'd pay money just to hear this guy speak!

bruce4031, I was at Dynoedge last night and I saw your power curve and compared it to my dyno chart. You didnt really loose any power anywhere, it just comes on a bit later in the band. And 4 to 5 horses is hardley even noticable!!! but you didn't loose any, you went in with 45 and came out with 58. Have you even rode this bike yet???? because if you have not then there is really nothing to complain about. And about you throwing money away, you spent the cash on the trinity carb system and the Dyno port pipe. If you wouldnt have spent the 500 on that and bought a real good set of pipes and put the the stock carbs back on, you will get that 5 horse back on the low end plus more.!!!

Turbo, I Was the one that posted the 72 horse, and I dont know what the hell you are talking about but it has pleanty of low end!!! my cylinders are stock well 0.20 over with wiseco's. As for being peaky, its a freaking 2 stroke what 2 stroke isn't peaky when you port the hell out of it!!!!! and if you look at the post you will see that I never said it wasn't peaky, I just said I had pleanty of power!!!!

bruce can i ask a question? if you wanted low end WHY THE HECK DID YOU BUY A BANSHEE! you should have got a 4 strke,banshees are made to SCREAM DUDE!they dont have low end from the factory and it dont get much better,i have dealt with rob and john on nearly a dozen engines they do all my porting now,every time i put one together it makes killer power.i have tried several different others compaines also,nobody has made as much power as those guys or been as professional. if they offered to buy your gas and give you moneyback,why the heck are you whining and bashing them?guys like you dont deserve a banshee,ever heard of a 400ex or raptor,you can putt around on those :yank:

Here's what I don't get. If you haven't even ridden it then how do you know what you have anyway? Dynoedge has done all the work on my quad and stood by everything the have done or recommended. Plus from what Rob told me he did make you a fair offer, but you said you didn't have the time to drive back up, but you sure found time to B!TCH about it . If you are that worried about $500 for new pipes maybe you should have done a little research and ASKED before yo bought those G@Y pipes. Dynoedge has banshee dyno's with all kinds of different pipes and set ups. But the bottom line is if you haven't even rode the quad then I wouldn't be talking smack when that is someone's livelihood and reputation on the line. Stay in OH where you belong with the other goons!

Here's another thing, huh, they told me I don't need race gas with 170 compression. That goes against most of what I've learned in these fine forums.

compression ratio determines octane needs not cylinder compression. I cant beleive you didnt ride it yet, I though you rode it allready. :wacko: Just setup the engine like they suggest and have fun with it. Like chromeshee said, if you wanted low end, you should bought a 4 stroke. :P

Brian,

I agree 100% that 72hp is allot and that there is tons of power. I think there must be some grey area in what we consider low end. I had a 404 just like Meat's and trust me, that was low end. Do you even ride the low end with a 72hp bike? Doubt it, also, no matter what, the curve will shoot up only because with allot of hp, where else does it have to go? For the type of riding I do, what in the hell is low end anyhow??? Just tell me where it comes on and that's the rpm's that I leave in! I'm not downning you at all, just being around tons of porting its easy to tell how a bike is going to act by the porting.

BTW, is this the same Dynoedge that Shooter works at??? If it is, I can't speak for their MX abilities but when it comes to getting every hp possible, they were able to do that years ago...

Turbo, Yes this is the same Dynoedge with shooter, Mine starts climbing at about 4800 rpm and cuts out about 9500rpm but there is really no peak in it, it is a gradual incline. And you are right, I dont ride the low end of the bike!!! What I was saying is that when I launch it on the drag, the power is right there and it takes off. Now I consider that to be the low end!! LOL but all I know is when its putting around in 1st, 2nd or 3rd and I give it a blip on the throttle it shits and gets But believe me , I saw this guys dynograph and he had no low end to begin with, he never lost any power, it just came on later in the rpm, which it typical of any port job.

Bruce,your best bet would have been a 404 kit if you were looking for a stronger overall powerband with no low end power loss,I know a guy who runs a 404 with stock ports and a 2 into 1 pipe.His banshee feels more like a big bore single vs a twin.

His topend hardly changed at all,but it really helped his low-end and his midrange is a monster.

Since you already payed for the work and are stuck with the port job,consider going to a duel pipe setup.The 2 into 1 might be holding back a few ponies now that you let the engine breath a little better.Go with fatty or Ptr and I'm sure it will be exactly where you want it.

There still might be hope for your jugs.......Besides what was said about the exhaust port timing, the transfer port window angles (direction of flow ) also have alot of effect on the powerband whicher it's more wider or narrow.