Its A Shame

Ultimateduner

Those of you who go to Glamis have been to Osmobile hill. Its a shame that with all the wumps Os isn't the great racing hill it once was ten years ago. Back then it was smooth at the bottoms of hills.Today all the wumps make the hill a hard place to race.(especially for buggys with little suppension) I am yet to find a great racing hill at glamis. Anyone find a good hill?

i've never been to glamis but have seen pics of the hills all wooped out and i would think that owuld meke it really hard to race up but i was wondering this i know this is a stupid question but how do those get to be there and not get worn away

The all out drag guys cry about the woops (however you spell them) sometimes they even drag a smoothing devise over them behind a truck (on the right side of olds as you look at the hill - where the really fast bikes run) For the rest of the hill no one bothers trying to smooth them out. Personally they don't bother me, with a little skill and good suspension they just make it more fun.

Either side of Olds is smoother. Still some whoops but never as bad.

Most of the serious cars just avoid the whoops to the side.

I like em. It adds something to the race if isn't just a straight shot.

There's always China wall or comp during the day.

The whoops must form just like moguls form on the ski slopes. Material piles up and the power only gets transmitted to the ground in the troughs so it keeps piling up material. Give me a D-8 and a lazer level and I'll flaten er fur ya in 4 hrs.

hold it wide open and lean back over the seat and hold on u'll glide across em

;) Yeah, the faster you go the less you feel the bumps.

but you do feel the bruises when you eat sh#t.

wheeleymaster99,

whops are formed when you shift and the dump the clutch and if you look at the point where you shift there is a spot where there is no "roost" and so that section is where the whops are formed and as more and more people go over them and shift in that same area then a bump is formed just like in the desert when you are in a off-road race and the 4th or 5th lap you come in to a corner and there are 2-3 foot whops the are from brakeing bumps same principle as the others

Interesting, what type of material is Olds made up of anyway? I ride the Oregon Dunes and whoops change with the season as does the steepness of the hills and overall consistancy of the sand. This time of the year the whoops are deep and staggered out. In August they will be a more shallow and closer together. Other times they are just smooth "rollers" that have little effect on a race. It constantly changes with the wind and overall weather. It surprises me to here Olds is always whooped out.

Later-

RJV

Oregon

• 2 weeks later...