Alba Performance

Ultimateduner

acording to dirt wheels magazine, it will take about $2000 for alba to get you in the 72hp range, that includes 400cc stroker kit(4 mil), porting, pistons ect...

many performance shops can get you that for about 450$

IMHO Alba blows!!! My Uncle spent thousands on that 400cc stroker kit (he got completely ripped off) and the first time he goes to ride his new pimp ride, it blows up in like a half hour....That sucks. So, he pulled the plugs and they were white and bone dry. I asked him to check what the jets were, but he insisted that he wasn't going to touch it, and was going to make Alba take care of it. Alba ends up re-doing the entire bike, and sends it back off to my Uncle. I have no idea what they did, but this time it blew up in like 20 minutes... So, my Uncle takes his bike back FOR THE THIRD TIME!!! and tells them to break it in and be sure everything is ok. They test the bike, and blow it up!!! At this point I'm cannot even believe that after spending all this money they can't make the bike run!! So, they fix it again and said this was the last time they were going to fix it, and toss it off to my Uncle. We met out at Glamis with his newly tricked out bike :rolleyes: , and I kept telling him you need to check out the mains to at least see whats in there. So, we pull the carbs and the bike had 290's in there :blink: !!! This bike is suppose to be "hardcore" ported with everything you can imagine done, and they put 290's in! My bike is ported/polished and I run 360 mains. I finally talked him into putting these in, and sure enough, the bike has had no more problems....Alba needs to get a clue!!!

Oh, by the way I completely smoked him. Needless to say he's a little TO'ed that he didn't have a different place do his motor work. Oh well, you live and you learn!!!

-Troy

dude i live and work right near alba and i have race their basic alba package bikes and smoked them each time. this guy was bragging out at glamis and sayin he had the alba package of pipes, air filter, jet kit, and they even dyno tuned it so it was perfect and they even set it up to his weight and i smoked him every time. i havent been impressed with their performance and im around them every time i go out to gordons or glamis.

if you dont know shit about bikes and dont want to know then go to them and get their basic package done to the bike and you will be happy. other than that id say find someone else. there is this other place here in southern cali that does a great job i hear. i think its called "yankee performance" but im not sure on the spellin(if its the same) but i had a freind that tried to blow up his 250r and ouldnt because the top end was done so nicely. he was out riding in over 100degree weather and the bike was spewing coolant but it never blew up.

id say dont go with alba they are too flashy and cost too much for what you get. id say send the part to a machine shop and get it done then rebuild it yourself that way you know what you got into it.

my $.02

rich