Clutch Question

I'm doing the shift star and lighten flywheel mod.I'll have it apart and thinking of replacing the clutch.I already replaced the clutch basket with a hinson one and heavy springs.The clutch is stock(1996).What is a good clutch kit to buy and from where?I do mostly trail ride and drag with the guys once in a while.I'm sure it's a good idea to replace the plates and steels right?(o'ring's to?)

Thanks guys....

I'm running a Barnett Dirt Digger, about $113 from the local stealer, you can also get them from RockyMtnatv. That was for the whole kit, which I'd recommend. It does not need o-rings & that's also included in the little slip that comes with it....leave them out.

I've heard great things about TUSK clutch kits,...like $40 for the whole kit from RockyMountain, but last I heard they were WAY back-ordered. That was some time ago, but I'd check them out. Had they been available when I replaced mine I would have went with a TUSK to save me some money.

Hope this helps. B)

I've heard great things about TUSK clutch kits,...like $40 for the whole kit from RockyMountain, but last I heard they were WAY back-ordered.

Yeah, they're still backordered. A friend just tried ordering. He went with my suggestion, the Barnett Dirt Digger. I also like those clutches and it's all I'll probably use, due to the good luck.

With the barnette kit, run half the springs Barnette springs, the other half OEM. Space them every other one to keep equel pressure on the plate. You can run all 6 heavy duty springs but the lever will be REAL hard to use..even with an ez pull and Hyd clutch kit. Ez pulls will break cables.

I put a dirt digger clutch in my blaster, and I put all the hd springs in a didn't notice any diffrence in how hard it was to pull the clutch in..

My left hand isn't my strong hand either...All the strength is in the right, if you know what im sayin.... :ph34r: