Redlines When I Start It

I just got the shee put back together after pipe, carb, peg and nerf setup change. I bought the carbs used off ebay and are keihin pwk's, I'm guessing 30's that have been bored to 32's. When I start it it redlines, and I have to kill it within a few seconds. I tryed it with choke on and off and its the same thing. It might have been just a hair worse with the choke off or it might have been in my head. I am unfimiliar with these types of carbs, so it may be a simple solution, I just dont know how to fix it. What is the probem?? Thanks.

I just got the shee put back together after pipe, carb, peg and nerf setup change. I bought the carbs used off ebay and are keihin pwk's, I'm guessing 30's that have been bored to 32's. When I start it it redlines, and I have to kill it within a few seconds. I tryed it with choke on and off and its the same thing. It might have been just a hair worse with the choke off or it might have been in my head. I am unfimiliar with these types of carbs, so it may be a simple solution, I just dont know how to fix it. What is the probem?? Thanks.

sounds like the slides have stuck. take off the airbox cover and remove the air filter. look inside to see of the carbs slides are up.

Are you sure they aren't in the wrong carbs?

I ordered the throttle cable because it was shitty anyway. How do you adjust the idle on pwk's? I know you adjust them with the chokes on pj's but I'm not sure about pwk's.

the little black knob on the driver's side with a flathead.

The idle adjustment is a little black plastic screw behind the slide asy., it could also be brass screw..depends on the year the carb was made. The air screw is just above the float bowl infront of the slide. Front in my case being the side you can see when the carb is installed andyou peer into the intake side of the carb. The location also changes. Mine the idle adjustments are both on the r/s if your sitting on the quad and the air screw is on the left side. but it is changeable. If the needle is wobbly, most likly the dude lost a part that keeps the needle seated or used the wrong circlip or intalled it incorrectly. I hope it's the latter of the three. Parts are hard to find for aftermarket carbs. Your airscrew might be burried in filth..

I will check the boots, I did have to put them on there a bit weird to get them to fit into the stock intakes. I have another question, since the asshole I bought the carbs from lied in his ad and said the only thing that was missing was chokes, I thought thats all I needed. Well I was looking over the carbs tonight and found a threaded hole that goes into the side of the top part of the carb(where the slide is at). I am good friends with a mechanic and he said that it looked like where the idle speed screw would be. So my question is, all you PWK carb owners, can you take a look at your carbs and see of you have a screw in the upper part of your carbs. I attached a pic.