Wnat To Drag, But Want To Get Better

banshee00shaw

hey, i just got my self a 2000 banshee and want to drag it but out of the whole i am slow and i start in 2nd because when i start in 1st when i shift up i hit nuteral

and my wheeles spin like crazy and when im going and go in to 3rd on up i cant do it fast enough do i stay on the throtal while i shift or do i not even use the hand clush.. i do get up to the guy in the end but how do i beat him from start to finish..

thanks

It took me some practice to get good on take off and through the gears but you need to ride by your self for like a day and practice on take offs and going through the gears. If you are hitting nuetral you are not pulling the shifter up enough to reach the next gear. Try removing your shifter and moving it down one notch and if that does not take care of the problem have your shift star cut, then you just bump the shifter to go to the next gear. (sorry about the paragragh) and last but not least pull the clutch and shift wide open throtle.

Without knowing any mods on the bike: get yerself a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket. You're probably running a small diameter tire so the extra tooth there will pull a bit longer than stock. Second, you need to be starting off in 2nd gear. 1st is really useless if you have enough RPM on the launch. It is harder on the clutch though but you'll probably never notice except for fewer shifts.

You should be geared so that you're at the top of 5th at the finish.

Good luck!