What Size Carbs Should I Go To?

superchicken

well yesterday i went to change my reeds out,for the hell of it.and to my suprise i had boysen reed cages,that were ported.then i looked down the intake track,and also found that it was ported.this was the first time ive had it apart since i bought it.now my question is,i have the stock 26mm carbs,what size should i go up to.i was thinking 30mm flat slides.i guess i gotta change my signiture now. :rolleyes:

My Son's SHee ( test bed) we installed a set of 28mm Mukuni Flatslide that we got off Ebay New for 189. plus shipping and Man did it wake them CPI's up. Big Time Difference.

But it was Not enough for Him. Hence the (test bed) Nick. He as Now installed 34mm flatslide Mukuni Both where the TM model. He have not ran'em yet But plan to next weekend to See much over carbed( my thinking) we are. His Plans are for Pure Hill Shooter only type machine.

His shee is Ported & Pohished, Billet intake without Cross over, Reed's are TDR's with Ported stock cage without Vertical center brace, Noss Head 18cc, Cpi's inframes, adv'ed timing plate Lighten flywheel. I can say this It was dam Fast with only the 28 compared to the 26mm stock round slides.

Some time ago there was a complete topic about carbs.

and i can remember that it said.

The larger your carb is the bigger youre venturi is. (ofcourse)

this causes the air to go slower trough your carbs.

This had some bad effects.

but i cant remember it all that well and i cant find the topic anymore.

but it might have been on the rd350 forums :)

the turnout of the article was to only go bigger on your carbs when youre engine really needs it.