Old Gas

I have been having some troble with my banshee, so i have TONS of gas that has been sitting for about 1 month.

1 5 gallon jug and 1 4 gallon jug.

I think the 5 gallon jug is fine, as it has not been mixed with oil

The 4 gallon jug is 50/50 with 110 and 91...It has has castor 927 mixed in it for about a month.

If I dump a gallon of fresh mixed 110 in it will this be good enough or should I just have a large fire?

Have not had a chance to check my compression but its probably around 175...I'm flat broke so yes it does matter :P

You will be fine. Gasoline has a shelf life in a closed container of about 6 months. Now, you don't know how long that fuel sat in the tank at the station, how long it was before it even got to the station. But, for a month, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Now, if you had it in a drum, under pressure from nitrogen gas, than shelf life is ALOT longer!!!! But, who has nitrogen bottles laying around the garage/shop for this purpose. I know I do!!! :oB)

Semi off topic. Anyone remember which cheech and chong movie began with them syphoning gas out of a car into a trash can? A trash can that they didn't bother to empty the trash out of. They then carry the trashcan full of gas down the street, dumping gas all over each other. I suddenly got an image of linkster adding gas to his shee and having to pull out chunks of soggy newspaper and plastic cups because they keep clogging the tank.

Semi off topic.  Anyone remember which cheech and chong movie began with them syphoning gas out of a car into a trash can?  A trash can that they didn't bother to empty the trash out of.  They then carry the trashcan full of gas down the street, dumping gas all over each other.  I suddenly got an image of linkster adding gas to his shee and having to pull out chunks of soggy newspaper and plastic cups because they keep clogging the tank.

Thats funny dude.

That is why I have an inline fuel filter. :D

Aren't they supposed to catch "the big stuff?" :blink:

lol, What I heard was that Oil degrades the octaine fuel in about 2 weeks. The container is sealed but its just a plastic Jug.

I would put it in my truck, but race gas is leaded, + it has premix in it (which I guess would lube my trucks topend? heh :D ) it will be 5 weeks by the time I get to use it...

Im guessing the other container should be fine since it has not been mixed.

So if I top the one with 4 gallons off with an extra gallon of 110 that should help right? I don't want detonation!

Remind me to never buy a used car from 2001SST

lmao! :lol:

I've let my gas sit for months at a time without a problem. I have seen gas evaporate out of a bike's tank before, and leave nothing but oil, but that was in a hot shed in the middle of summer.

I've also found(at least it seemed to me), that premixed gas tends to last longer than straight gas. I can leave gas in my snowmobile from march till january, and it fires up and runs perfect, but my streetbike gums up and runs like shit, after sitting through the winter.

When in doubt, have a bonfire party! B)