Stroker Carbs

bigwill

Jim at Passion Racing recommened 34pjs to go with his stroker ported cylinders-I am NOT questioning his expertice-but I was wondering if 35pwks would give me more punch? I could have called Jim,but I figured others might be interested also.

BigWill, my 12 port stroker motors will accept up to 36mm carbs with no problems. I reccomend the 34's in order to insure crisp throttle response. Anyone familiar with Banshee motors will understand the magnitude of what I just said. 34mm carbs are more than 1/2 the piston bore size...."crisp throttle response with 34's"...almost unheard of. You can run the 35's with no problems...Jim

I must say I run the 34's on my motor from Jim and the throttle response is amazing. Low idle in neutral, you can open it to WOT without ANY hesistation. Racing it last weekend on a small slick track, I would let the RPM's come WAY down in the corners then lug it off the bottom to keep from spinning. I could go to WOT from almost idle and it would immeditately start to pull.

I am trying to acquire a set of 35PWK's to try with this setup, but I am so happy with the 34's I don't know if it will be worth it. I might wait until we get to the outdoor series where you can really use the power of the motor to see if there is a difference.

Jinx44-You must feel my pain,with the price of 35pwks compared to the 34pjs,you would think they would be better,but maybe not-its a given fact that the 34pjs do work well,but are the 35pwks worth the extra cost compared to the extra performance-will bigger be better for top-end.Jim what has been you experience with bigger carbs with your set-up?

BIgWill, you can expect more top-end normally with the larger carbs but honestly your bike will fall off the pipe at nearly the same point in peak rpm and the difference is so minimal its really not worth the extra cost. Not to mention that the arm jerking ,neck snapping bottom end with the 34's is just to die for. Save the money, haul ass, and try not to grin too much in public...Jim

hey Jim,

Im having second thoughts on the pwk30s, from reading some of these posts it seems 34s are the only way to go. what would the differences be between 30s and 34s? by the way im waiting till spring to put the 30s so i havent tried them yet.

hey Jim,

Im having second thoughts on the pwk30s, from reading some of these posts it seems 34s are the only way to go.  what would the differences be between 30s and 34s?  by the way im waiting till spring to put the 30s so i havent tried them yet.

H300F, you will notice huge gains in acceleration and top-end while still having great bottom end over the stockers your running. You'll need a new intake to accomodate them though. I sell these BOSS RACING intakes that are just killer billets with built in crossover...very nice peice and affordable as well...Jim

I must say I run the 34's on my motor from Jim and the throttle response is amazing.  Low idle in neutral, you can open it to WOT without ANY hesistation.  Racing it last weekend on a small slick track, I would let the RPM's come WAY down in the corners then lug it off the bottom to keep from spinning.  I could go to WOT from almost idle and it would immeditately start to pull. 

Thats how my bike reacts also and i run fairly tall gearing for the track, the 34's are very crisp with the delta 2's, and im running pc pipes, but it does come from the absolute bottom right off idle and pulls and pulls and pulls, id hate to see you gag it with fuel for a pinch more top, jims engine and the 34's are a great combo, ive learned to ride his motor, lately im a hard rider to catch, and in baja style racing im just a ghost....very very hard pulling power band, i can grab a fist full of brakes, then just dump the clutch and be gone.......Kudos on the build Jimbee

i have both... pretty much cant tell a difference... maybe alittle crisper on top with 35's... L8r d34

(and i have raced with jinx44... his bike is slow  :lol: )

Hey Jinx are you going to take that?

Tell D34 to make sure everything is tight on his bike before he races you. (LOL) :D

damn u got me on that 1 <_< ... im glad i got rid of those POS domes that were n there... :D L8r d34