Jetting

robinson373

I am trying to get my banshee jetted after making many mods. I went from stock to .020 over on cylinders, v-force reeds, T-5s with toomey jet kit, 21 cc domes, motion pro throttle, and pro flow air filter in box with no lid. I went riding at pismo beach last weekend (45-55 degrees) and thought I got it close to being jetted properly. I ran 310 mains, 1 clip up from bottom of needle on needle jets, and air screw out 1.5 turns, red line oil 32:1.

I had good throttle response through all ranges (maybe a little lag through mid range compared to my buddies banshee) but the plugs seemed to be a little hot (light brownish/redish). My chrome pipes also had some blueing near the exhaust manifolds. Is this normal? How do you keep it cooler, I think that increasing my mains will make it rich, but I am not sure. Pulling the choke out one notch definently makes it run worse. I am not sure what i need to change but would be open ears to any oppinions/knowledge on the subject.

I am going to sand mountain this up coming weekend, any suggestions? Highs in low 40s, lows in teens, and I think about 4,000 feet.

Thanks

Your mods are close to what I had on mine. I use to run 320 mains, needle in the 4th spot, and a 30 pilot with your mods, but I'm at 4500ft. I would think you would have to run a larger main then I. At sand mountain I go one up on the mains, to be safe. If your talking about the sand mountain by Reno, maybe I'll see you there.

Agreed, go to 330-340 mains and do a plug check after running wide open throttle for 5-10 seconds. You plugs should be a dark brown, tan or white is too lean, and black is too rich...you could even try raising the needles all the way for the midrange...might give you that extra your looking for, if it sputters before powerband then lower the needles back to the 4th clip, but it might wake up on the low/mid....