Resume'

boonman

Thanks guys i get to leave this place (Iraq) in couple months after a year...but as far as the eections i am neither a democrat or republican so whoever has the best campaign has my vote and there are certain things that i look for like being brought up in a middle class family who will take care of my brother and parents the best. So who ever i think can run the country the best gets my vote, and that person might not be the one who will give me the biggest pay raise, but after reading some post whoever may be president no matter how bad you dislike them should be given the upmost respect because after all there is some responsibility involved and a hell alot of stress. Just a thought

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Micorps1. Even though I may or may not like what any specific president does, I still have to support them being that they are the leader of our country. I am given (as is every eligible citizen of the US) every 4 years an opportunity to give my opinion in the form of a vote. Whilst it may seem as though my voice is not important, at least I am given a chance to voice it. Those that do not vote have no reason to bitch about what happens or who is chosen because they did not care enough to let their voice be heard at the election. The president can steer the country but the congress and senate make the rules. To blame one specific person for the troubles or triumphs of an entire nation is totally unrealistic in most cases(There are exceptions). They may have an influence, but it is up the people to decide their fate.

So support the President regardless but if you want change then make your voice heard and vote.

Wheatchex

Hey Boonman,

You should really check the facts b4 posting. A good portion of what you posted is Clinton that you're talking about. Another portion is what has to be done by someone with balls. The rest, unfortunately, is just politics.

I'm not real thrilled about the spending and especially our people being over there. I've got some very close friends that have seen things that have scarred them for the rest of their lives. Still, it needed to be done. I also give the armed forces the highest amount of respect for dealing with what they must and continuing on.

As for loosing jobs, I'm a toolmaker/moldmaker. All of our work is heading over to China daily. FWIW, just got laid off on Thursday due to this crap. I know W was responsible for the on going screwing of our work force. Also know who enacted NAFTA that started this whole thing. Do you?

I do feel that W has cut his own throat though and will not be relected. But, you think things are bad now? Wait til we get another liberal in office. Not sure who all of you live in Commyfornia, sorry if you do. You have less rights than any other state and that is because of the liberal POS's that are in control.

I could go on and on but I'll leave it at that. For now.

Easy there buddy. It was in an email that i got. I didn't really have time to check all the facts on it. And I am basically in the same industry as yourself. Sorry to here about your job loss. The country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Also know who enacted NAFTA that started this whole thing. Do you?

Why yes, fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency. Good ol' Bill Clinton enacted NAFTA, (North American Free Trade Agreement) on Jan. 1, 1994. The purpose was to

http://www-tech.mit.edu/Bulletins/Nafta/00.preamble[/url]]The Government of Canada, the Government of the United Mexican

States and the Government of the United States of America,

resolved to:

STRENGTHEN the special bonds of friendship and cooperation

among their nations;

CONTRIBUTE to the harmonious development and expansion of

world trade and provide a catalyst to broader international

cooperation;

CREATE an expanded and secure market for the goods and

services produced in their territories;

REDUCE distortions to trade;

ESTABLISH clear and mutually advantageous rules governing

their trade;

ENSURE a predictable commercial framework for business

planning and investment;

BUILD on their respective rights and obligations under the

General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade and other

multilateral and bilateral instruments of cooperation;

ENHANCE the competitiveness of their firms in global

markets;

FOSTER creativity and innovation, and promote trade in goods

and services that are the subject of intellectual property

rights;

CREATE new employment opportunities and improve working

conditions and living standards in their respective

territories;

UNDERTAKE each of the preceding in a manner consistent with

environmental protection and conservation;

PRESERVE their flexibility to safeguard the public welfare;

PROMOTE sustainable development;

STRENGTHEN the development and enforcement of environmental

laws and regulations; and

PROTECT, enhance and enforce basic workers' rights;

And it didn't work as intended.

I'm not real thrilled about the spending and especially our people being over there. I've got some very close friends that have seen things that have scarred them for the rest of their lives. Still, it needed to be done. I also give the armed forces the highest amount of respect for dealing with what they must and continuing on

I don't know why peeps keep turning this into a war debate. While I don't like the fact that our fellow countrymen & women are over there, I do however remember 9/11/01. Do you? Someone needed to go over there and kick some ass. we agree on that though. All the other shit, by that I mean the things not related to this war, is bull. and that's what I'm pissed about. And where you say that half of it was about Clinton?? nope. It's not....

As far as I'm concerned, and I think someone else already said it, the best President this country ever had, was assasinated Nov. 22, 1963. I wasn't even alive then. it's a shame. I'm not even gonna get into that. But, the president isn't overruled by Congress and the house. They all lobby each other. Making deals as they see fit. With sometimes absolute disregard for the American people. This is the problem....... :unsure:

Easy there buddy. It was in an email that i got. I didn't really have time to check all the facts on it. And I am basically in the same industry as yourself. Sorry to here about your job loss. The country is going to hell in a hand basket. 

See? That's what I'm talkin about. You really shouldn't post something unless you know what's in it. I'm not going to go through the post and pic out what's wrong. There are better things to be doing. Like, building my banshee :D

I understand that everyone is entitled to there own opinion but, you've got to expect some flack(sp) for it. It's political. It sucks. At least he's not sitting in the oral office with some inturn, cheating on his wife(that is, if she didn't know), and getting all jerked when he's caught.

There I go again. Time to step off the soapbox.

All's I'm saying is, check and make sure what you are posting before hand. And, even if you do, your gonna catch a little if it's a political post.

Hopefully, no hard feelings.

OutKaste

Those that do not vote have no reason to bitch about what happens or who is chosen because they did not care enough to let their voice be heard at the election.  The president can steer the country but the congress and senate make the rules.  To blame one specific person for the troubles or triumphs of an entire nation is totally unrealistic in most cases(There are exceptions).  So support the President regardless but if you want change then make your voice heard and vote.

Wheatchex

Wheat... as much as I respect you as a person and you're wealth of knowledge, I have to disagree on some points here...

1- Those who don't vote have the ultimate authority to voice their opinion on the president or anyone else who is in office because they made the choice not to choose one idiot over another. The fact of the matter is the person in office is the person you have to live with. If you vote for the guy who didn't get in, your vote meant nothing and if you vote for the idiot in office, you are responsible yourself for his blunders. As someone who doesn't vote, I have the ability to critisize the blunders of the person in office since I did not vote for him and at the same time can point out that the guy who didn't make the grade to get into office wasn't worth voting for.

2- The president does steer the country. So to draw an analogy, who do you blame for a traffic accident? The idiot behind the wheel or the people who made the laws that try to regulate drivers? We in the ATV sport have always held the driver responsible for the accident. UNLESS they were obviously too inexperienced or too stupid to be in the driver's seat to begin with. In that case you blame the other idiot who thought they could handle it.

3- I don't support anyone who makes stupid decisions. And I hope no-one supports me when I make 'em. As far as I can tell, Bush and his predecessors have all made blatant errors. Some more than others but blatant none the less.

So far I have yet to see 1 of these presidents reverse the errors of the previous and if they did, they can only do that for the few years they are in office. So in effect the system gets worse instead of better because 1 person cannot reverse all of the previous mistakes and usually spends most of his time covering up his own.

So as far as I can tell a mistake is a mistake and wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter to me if your in Washington or Bhagdad or England or Cuba, you should be called on it. And punching a hole in a card once every 4 years is not what I would call being "called on it".

I would also say to micorps1 that if my assumption is correct, that you are the person in the picture with your family.

I can honestly say that I have the deepest respect for someone who will put themsleves in the face of danger for the protection of others. This is the highest form of UNselfishness a person can provide. I firmly believe that every person makes a life or death decision that effects them during their lives. I also believe that each person should have every detail of that risk at their disposal before making that decision.

Personally I could not put my life or the lives of those that rely on me in danger based on a threat. And I don't think anyone else should either. The battles of the past that have cost millions of lives have become forgotten history. When I visited the Vietnam memorial in DC and stood at the tomb of the unknown soldier and saw the endless rows of white stones at the national cemetary and realized that these are just a small fraction of the lives cut short by war, and when I listened to my Great Uncle tell about his best friend who died when their ship was sunk by a Japanese suicide pilot and how even when he was 80 years old he could never forget pulling his friends torn body, with his guts strung out, from the ocean. How my neighbors and other friends were injured and mentally and physically crippled in Viet Nam. And all the guys I met when I worked at the VA Hospital who couldn't sleep and were insane from combat 20 yrs after they left the jungle and all the marriages that fell apart and all the kids with no dad's.

And after all of that sacrifice we have what?

Cool electronics from Japan, cheap products made in Korea, low priced oil from the middle east.

Sorry man, LIFE is worth more to me than that.