Dumont For The First Time

Otis

I'm heading to Dumont President's day weekend w/ a group of friends. This will be my first trip. What are some things (that are a must) that i should bring?

Clothing??(besides riding gear)

fuel/oil, how much? (average)

tools?

spare parts?

chemicals/coolant/cleaners?

food/drinks?

chairs?

cash??

I have paddles, and am getting a whip. I've been told that my bike should run fine(no rejetting required) because Dumont and Las Vegas are pretty much the same.

Anything else i might need for the bike?

Any adivce/tips/secrets would help..I just don't want to NOT be able to ride because i forgot/broke something.

One last thing. I know Cali has some kind of off road vehicle registration sticker thing. Am i going to have to get a "weekend pass" of some sort, or shold i not worry about it?

thanks for any help here.

sounds like you have it covered man, as far as the sticker thing, if your an outer stater, just bring your registration or something that proves its your quad. a hand held gps wouldnt hurt. warm clothes for the nights, comfortable riding gear for the dunes, a windbreaker. all the stuff on your list is what i usually bring too. youll need spark aresters also. fire wood is a must for nights, just dont bring pallets, nails suck ! if your drinking, no glass bottles, cans only. just remember on big weekends they police the hell out of the riding areas so dont get to crazy and have fun. later

Cool thanks.

OK 2 more questions.

How much fuel do you usually use in an avg. weekend? I know it'll depend on how much riding i do, but what's a "safe"amount to bring? I dont want to end up running out mid weekend.

If i end up roughing it, and have to sleep in a tent. Is there somewhere to secure it to the ground? < That might seem like a silly thing to ask, but i'm just thinking that

"sand" wont hold the spikes.... :huh:

Oh one last thing...is there a fee at Dumont?

Thanks again guys...

Cool thanks.

OK 2 more questions.

How much fuel do you usually use in an avg. weekend? I know it'll depend on how much riding i do, but what's a "safe"amount to bring? I dont want to end up running out mid weekend.

If i end up roughing it, and have to sleep in a tent. Is there somewhere to secure it to the ground? < That might seem like a silly thing to ask, but i'm just thinking that

"sand" wont hold the spikes.... :huh:

Oh one last thing...is there a fee at Dumont?

Thanks again guys...

you should be ok otis, youve thought of everything if you can bring the titties in your avitar along...i live about 60-70 miles south of dumont.....count on 5 gallons of fuel per day

Thanks Duece.

you should be ok otis, youve thought of everything if you can bring the titties in your avitar along...

Yep, thought about that. She'll be there.....it'll give me something to do for the

rest of the weekend if i run out of fuel..... ;) ..... :lol:

Thanks Duece.

you should be ok otis, youve thought of everything if you can bring the titties in your avitar along...

Yep, thought about that. She'll be there.....it'll give me something to do for the

good plan otis "Man Doesn't Live On Sand Alone"......

Thanks Duece.

good plan otis "Man Doesn't Live On Sand Alone"......

Mine are staying at home <_<:(:angry:

So I'm going to be living on sand and cereal bars that weekend.

One last thing....(yeah i know.... :rolleyes: )

Do the stock silencers have spark arresters in 'em?

Mine are staying at home

I'll share...I'm sure she won't mind... ;)

Cotton eyed Joe- Are you going to Dumont Pres day weekend?

I haven't ever been to Dumont, gotta wait a couple more weeks, but here's some general dune trip (2-3 days) tips:

Take everything you got room for; case oil, antifreeze, premix oil, spare parts, tools, rags, etc. Take shade and some folding chairs, sunblock and chapstick are also a good idea. Be sure to have enough water. 5 gal per day of premix is a minimum, but a pretty fair average. If you can, keep a tow strap on your quad just in case. If you're tenting it and stuck with an ice chest, get lotsa ice. The wind can be a bitch sometimes so don't plan on being able to make chicken fetuccini in the parking lot; sandwiches are OK if you're quick, try to pack food that takes very little preparation and that you can scarf down without much exposure...sometimes eating in the truck is the best route.

I try and take all the tools, parts, and fluids I can. I've had axle bearings shell out, clutch cables break, bent a-arms, busted headlights, etc. etc. and if you're halfway prepared hopefully you won't miss out on much riding. Have fun.

so don't plan on being able to make chicken fetuccini in the parking lot

[puting chicken back in freezer]Oh man.... :( ....... :lol: .... ;)

Thanks again for everyones input!!!!.....

rumor has it we(company i work for) might be working on monday...... :angry:

I feel a cold coming on [cough].... :D

otis,

bring lots of fire wood, beer, ice, food, helmet, boots, banshee, colant, camel back, flag, spare tires or tubes, hammer, any spare parts you have and the tools you need to put them on, and the green sticker you have to have one supposably they will be checking for them talked to a ranger last sunday 2/8/04 at dumont and he said yes they will be checking you can pick one up at Nevada Off-Road Buggie this is the map they are 20 bucks each and i always bring at least 60 bucks

ohh and where abouts you live in vegas