Gearing For 12 Paddles..

highroller

Thanks for all the good advice. However, going to a 9 or 10 paddle is not an option right now...I already bought them. I assumed that going down a tooth in the front would help in the sand and hill climbing. Before I changed paddles , I used to run v-paddles (sand sharks) and it would struggle up big hills. I had to stay in 3rd or 4th...using stock gearing 14-41. I bought a 13 tooth but haven't put it on yet. I weigh 180 and want the bike to hit 5th gear going up hills. How much air pressure will be good in the sand for my weight?

Thanks for all the good advice.  However, going to a 9 or 10 paddle is not an option right now...I already bought them.  I assumed that going down a tooth in the front would help in the sand and hill climbing.  Before I changed paddles , I used to run v-paddles (sand sharks) and it would struggle up big hills.  I had to stay in 3rd or 4th...using stock gearing 14-41.  I bought a 13 tooth but haven't put it on yet.  I weigh 180 and want the bike to hit 5th gear going up hills.  How much air pressure will be good in the sand for my weight?

Going down the 1 tooth will help big time. Now you see what i'm talking about with rider weight. I weigh 225 and my setup is very different than a lighter riders. I can't run the top end like a lighter rider can so I have to adjust my setup to compensate. You should be able to pull 5th and 8 paddles with a 13 up front alone. If you can't i'd be sure the jetting was correct as well. You may be rich on top.

my banshee has between 80-90 horses and i run 16-41 gearing with 21x11x8 12 paddle extremes and still blow the tires on the take-off.