Son Of A Bitch Fucking Computers

evil

man i just started to take all my notes, at least 60 pages of banshee related mods, jetting and all that crap, tried to save it on my computer and the piece of shit crashed :angry: im sick of this thing. years of hand jotted notes meant to help someone with a question, my quick reference, gonzoooo!!! man im fucking pissed. had to state it now i feel better, im off to break something. later

Hey evil.... Are you running Win 98 or Win ME by any chance? How old is your PC? If by any chance I would upgrade to Win XP....... no more crashing!!! No more blue screens! No more lock ups!! and is stable as hell....... Let me know what you have for a PC and I will help get you in the right direction!

its a compaq presario, about a year old, i had windows xp put on it afer the first time it crashed and i lost everything, pics, important stuff, it was a mess. this thing just runs slow and craps out all the time. somehow all my games and stuff i had loaded on it got deleted, and i dont know how or when. i tried doing the restore thing and nada. it just came back up as it was, screwed. next step is a bat then the 50ae if the bat dont help. anything you can do to help me would kick ass walt im getting dizzy using my laptop. later

I have to get my ass to work in a few and if I can get my motor painted quick enuf I'll be online later today or tonight. If ya feel like it... Shoot me your # and I'll give you a shout. XP shouldnt be doing what it is unless it wasnt installed right or unless your having hardware issues.

How much memory are you running? hopefully at least 256 megs. And tell me when you went to XP that you DIDNT run it as an upgrade and you did a full install ??!?!?!

not sure, it just locked up and i gave to a friend that said he fixed it and installed xp, dont know what he did or anything. :blink: i was just happy to have it working but lately it started to mess up and clicks off out of nowhere, i ran all the nortans stuff and nothing came up so i dont know what to do.

i had a compaq one time. it was the last time too. it was the most worthless piece of shit computer i ever had. it would do stupid shit all the time. i lost more things on that computer that i have on all my others put together. i recommend finding a tall building, a video camera, and your computer. see what fun you can have with computers :D

Hey evil.... Are you running Win 98 or Win ME by any chance? How old is your PC? If by any chance I would upgrade to Win XP....... no more crashing!!! No more blue screens! No more lock ups!! and is stable as hell.......  Let me know what you have for a PC and I will help get you in the right direction!

I had "someone" put a "corporate copy" of Windoze XP on this hunk of shit I use, and although it consumed most of the precious HD space that I had, I don't regret it. I'm constantly getting low drive space errors, but thats only because I had "someone" put a "corporate copy" of PhotoShop on there too. It runs better, shuts down, and starts up quicker too.

I do plan on putting a bullet in it (courtesey of the .44mag DE) for previous crimes such as blue screens and locking up on me however. I sentenced it to death a couple years ago, and unfortunately there is no pardoning in this court. Especially if it means I get to go shooting.

cool deal bigboy, ill see if walt can help me out and if all else fails ill pm you, thanks

Never a problem... :) I have a copy of 2000, XP home edition, and corporate edition...I'll give you a "special discount" on the disks if it turns out you need them. ;) Hope you get it fixed soon man, I know the pain you're going through!!!

you guys can't just install XP, you need all the windows updates and patches, Updated Hardware drivers for all devices Etc...If its turning off out of nowhere; does it blue screen and reboot or just turn off?

If tis restarting it could be a power problem, or if it blue screens its peobably a software issue, like you need ne wdrivers. XP is good but anything made by MS has tons of bugs AND exploits.

My PC crashes sometimes, but it had somethign to do with my Nforce MB drivers, which were not up to par. The newest released seems to have fixed the issue, and also a sound problem I was having. Anyways, you learned one lesson...

backup, backup backup backup. If your Hard drive is crapping out and making strange noises then no software is going to fix the problem. You said you lost data, well data does not just disapear unless your having an issue with your HD (not the data you lost when it crashes but data that was already saved that gets lost when it crashes)

If you HD is not big enough to install XP, its time to buy a new Hard drive, you can pickup an 80 gig 7200 RPM with 8 meg buffer for about $50 these days...and if your going to run XP I suggest 512 of ram or more so you can have a little over 256 megs free. At work I only have 256 and its slow as hell, but im not going to upgrade it lol..

Don't blow up your comp, I can trade you some older parts to do that with :) Im always looking for little things here and there to go in my linux box, so send it here and ill ship you some older parts to blow up B)

you guys can't just install XP, you need all the windows updates and patches, Updated Hardware drivers for all devices Etc...If its turning off out of nowhere; does it blue screen and reboot or just turn off?

What do you mean? I can download any windoz update I need :)

I had "someone" put a "corporate copy" of Windoze XP on this hunk of shit I use, and although it consumed most of the precious HD space that I had, I don't regret it. I'm constantly getting low drive space errors, but thats only because I had "someone" put a "corporate copy" of PhotoShop on there too. It runs better, shuts down, and starts up quicker too.

Dammm Who could have done that!?!?! :ph34r::rolleyes: You must have some good friends there Stan :) :) :P:P:P

Evil:

I'll be around tonight so get me ur # and I'll give you a shout