Project Stroker

Ayjax

Still didnt get my bike back from the shop, the intake manifolds I got with my order are for 38mm carbs while I have 35s on. So scouring the industrial area to see if i can get my hands on a couple. Meanwhile, a friend of mine just advised me to upgrade the transmission (gears). He said with all the power and with my shifting style (full throttle) that the gears wont be reliable in the long run. Do I have to do something to my gearing? Im not going to upgrade to automatic 2-5 just yet. I want to have a little fun on it before turning it to a dedicated drag bike. 

Your friend is dumb. You can do a pro-mod to help it shift better, but that’s about it.

https://redlineracing.biz/services/pro-mod-trannies/

So guys, alot of people are talking shiit around where Im from, and theres a race in one weeks time. Im reaaaaally contemplating entering the 421 category. Should I do it? Im missing the automatic gear or clutchless watever its called, and a swing arm. Also rear axle and front spindle wheels. 

You think its worth a try or maybe wait a bit and have fun with it being a daily rider? Im still using my stock banshee for wheelies and bullshit. 

So guys, alot of people are talking shiit around where Im from, and theres a race in one weeks time. Im reaaaaally contemplating entering the 421 category. Should I do it? Im missing the automatic gear or clutchless watever its called, and a swing arm. Also rear axle and front spindle wheels. 
You think its worth a try or maybe wait a bit and have fun with it being a daily rider? Im still using my stock banshee for wheelies and bullshit. 

I personally think you need to figure out what you really want to do with it and then go from there.

Chasing down a race build is fun, but everyone has a point where they back off from it. If you can enjoy it before you hit that point (wherever that may be) then fuck it, try it out.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how much fun you’re going to have for the money. I have more fun riding with friends but I can’t stay away from endurance racing to save my life.

To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, tfaith08 said:

I personally think you need to figure out what you really want to do with it and then go from there.

Chasing down a race build is fun, but everyone has a point where they back off from it. If you can enjoy it before you hit that point (wherever that may be) then fuck it, try it out.

At the end of the day, it comes down to how much fun you’re going to have for the money. I have more fun riding with friends but I can’t stay away from endurance racing to save my life.

To each their own.

True you have a valid point. 

I might just compete for fun to see how my engine runs compared to the fully built drag 421s. Will probably be wheelying the whole strip lol. Then after that if I still want to keep competing then do the upgrades.

Good advice, thanks!! 

On 11/26/2023 at 6:52 PM, tfaith08 said:

Sorry, I just saw that it doesn’t have an evil chamber.

Just set the pressure to get ride height.

Btw you were absolutely right about them. I pumped it up to 150 psi  got a ride height more than stock, after deflated it down to 50 psi now its as low as drag setup