96 Banshee back brake bleeding

Redbone68

Hello to all. New to owing a Banshee and to this forum. So I bought a 96 from a guy and I had to buy all new brake calipers and lines. When I try to bleed the back brakes, they won’t pump up( pedal never gets hard. When I open the bleed valve brake fluid will pump out(not very strong)but the brake lever never gets hard? Please help. Thank you.

The easiest way I find to do it is with a small glass jar with the lid and about 2 ft of 1/8 hose. First fill the rear brake reservoir with brake fluid and put the diaphragm and lid back on. Then fill the jar half way with DOT 4 brake fluid then I pop a hole in the lid the same size as the hose and feed the hose through the hole in the lid and make sure the hose is submerged in the brake fluid. Then I stick the other end of the hose on the tip of the bleeder then crack the bleeder open. Put the jar on the floor in a spot where you can see it while you are pumping the rear brake pedal. Then pump the brake pedal until it builds up pressure then close the bleeder. While you’re pumping the back brakes you will see bubbles coming out of the submerged end of the hose and that’s just the air coming out of the system. Also keep an eye on the reservoir as well. 

• 3 weeks later...