Damn Computer

Hi Got1Banshee:

Since you said "Video" I will assume you are missing a CODEC to view the particular video(s).

Every video is made with a certain encoding method called a CODEC. CODEC is short for Compressor/Decompressor. I heard a rumor they didn't call it COMDEC out of fear it would be confused with the annual trade show in Las Vegas - COMDEX. Each CODEC has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Yell if you need more help.

Regards,

Bill

Well you need to downlaod the latest CODECS, if your using Windows Media Player...search for Media Player Codecs and walla DL them and install you should be able to see the movie know, if playing DIVX or Xvid DL the divx/xvid codec,if using SVCD(mpeg2) DL that codec......If you do the search for Media player codecs theres a package that contains all the necesary codecs, laters hope it help. :ph34r: get the media player version 9 the new one...i just recently got the codec package for it and it works good....hehe

Yeah, what sheeBASTARD said. :) I used to have a lot of problems opening videos with Windows Media Player, so I downloaded version 9 with all the latest codecs and I have very little trouble at all now. In case you didn't know, codecs are just the translators for the various types of formats that media comes in..Each format (MPEG, MPEG2, DIVX, DVD, ASF, AVI, etc) requires a particular codec to be played. A lot of video players already come with the required codec installed but as technology advances, more video formats are available, the more codecs we need to view them. I hope this helps a little bit, I can tyr and help more if needed!!! :)

What OS are you guys running? If its win98 then start looking at upgrading. Mickysoft as of today is no longer supporting w98. Not only will mickysoft end the support but most hardware companys will start doing the same. Software companys will start this route soon after also.....

I dont know if you can get WMP 9.0 for anything w98 second edition and below. Last I knew it was for w2k on up.

if you are using windows media player then go to windows update webpage.

internet explorer,

1.Menu tools (between favorites and help)

2. Windows Update

3. scan for updates

4. look in the windows updates link to the left

5. find media player 9 codecs

6. click on the install button

7. click the "review and install updates" link on left

8. click on the install updates

9. play video.

if any other player, they should have the codecs on thier sight.

I think the windows codecs works with the other players as well (i think)

if this dosen't work then beat the computer, no really just pm me.

Check out kazaa lite's website. There's a CODEC pack you can download that has more of the most recent CODECs used that always seem to fail when mediaplayer says it couldn't find them. It's actually for Kazaa, but since kazaa uses media player to play videos within it's own program, it patches those codecs to the main media player itself. After downloading and installing it... I've only had a select few videos that wouldn't play, as opposed to 75% of them not playing.

Ok guys, I downloaded and installed all the new shit. When I open up a video it opens the new version but then a FUCKING GOD DAMN box pops up AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Anyone want a computer?? I am about to throw it in the damn trash. And this is a freaken 2000 dollor laptop. Its pissing me off to no end.