Banshee bore/stroke/ I'm not sure what to do

GA1998

Hey, guys. This is my first post here. Anyways, i have a 1996 banshee. When I bought it, the seller told me it was ported, and the crank is stock. Anyway, the right piston has a chunk missing from the top. No compression. I told myself that when something like this happened I would just go big or go home. So I am wondering what I should do, I see bore kits online like the 421 kits. And I'm sure this is a dumb question. But do you need new crank and rods as well? I'm just super confused and what I should do. I just don't want to go stock! Thanks guys!

On 10/31/2022 at 1:59 PM, GA1998 said:

Hey, guys. This is my first post here. Anyways, i have a 1996 banshee. When I bought it, the seller told me it was ported, and the crank is stock. Anyway, the right piston has a chunk missing from the top. No compression. I told myself that when something like this happened I would just go big or go home. So I am wondering what I should do, I see bore kits online like the 421 kits. And I'm sure this is a dumb question. But do you need new crank and rods as well? I'm just super confused and what I should do. I just don't want to go stock! Thanks guys!

Question for you….. when you bought this banshee…. Was the engine already dead? And is this your first banshee?

15 hours ago, GA1998 said:

Nope! I've been riding it for two years! And this is my first banshee!!!

Do you have photos of the piston? When you say “chunk”……do you mean it physically broke off of the piston top or does it appear to have been eaten away? 

If it is directly under where the spark plug inserts through the head, and it looks trenched out, it was more than likely a lean condition that burned your piston down…..