Piston Melt Holes In Domes

johnautobus

The other day we were riding in the dunes at sea level and my buddy was drag racing someone and put a hole in the left piston and started to burn one in the right one. The hole is in the middle of the dome right under the spark plug. I understand that to be a denotation problem vs too lean condition. we think he may have ran out of gas during the end of the race.Could out of fuel cause this to happen. He was using 106 fuel, 310 mains ,no timing advance, stock carbs t-5,two single air pods,full race port, full throttle 6 gear. Please give us your opinion!

The other day we were riding in the dunes at sea level and my buddy was drag racing someone and put  a hole in the left piston and started to burn one in the right one.  The hole is in the middle of the dome right under the spark plug.  I understand that to be a denotation problem vs too lean condition.  we think he may have ran out of gas during the end of the race.Could out of fuel cause this to happen.  He was using 106 fuel, 310 mains ,no timing advance, stock carbs t-5,two single air pods,full race port, full throttle 6 gear.  Please give us your opinion!

What kind of mods to the heads??? Cool head?? Higher compression??