Silver lake sand dunes

Rebelriders2020

Hey every one me an my cousin are planning on going to silver lake dunes next summer coming from Massachusetts so i was wondering if any one can shed some light on what we might/will need to do to be in the requirements 

I got a banshee with fmf fatty an powercore 2 exhaust  and he has a raptor 700 with monster big bore duals an a raptor 660 with monster duals 

what do we have to do to not have any problems there as we will be coming from Massachusetts 

thanks kevin

• 6 months later...

You’ll need spark arrestors at SLSD, and a flag to reach the 10ft tall pole at the gate (available nearby). State park passes for all vehicles including trucks/cars (day passes are available), plus ORV and trail passes for anything that goes on the sand. 

I like to get in early, with my shee in the bed of my truck. This way I avoid any sound testing. They open at 8 or 9am, I get there before 10. Park somewhere out of the way on the sand and unload. 

• 2 months later...

No problem. I prefer skat trak extremes. I have been using a set of 20x10-10’s with 9 paddles. Worked very good with the stock-ish engine through 5th gear. Just got some 21x12-8’s with 10 paddles this week to match my 421 serval a little better. The serval was spinning the 20s too much at the drag strip. I will sell the 20s if the new setup works out. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 12:28 PM, JayB1rd said:

You’ll need spark arrestors at SLSD, and a flag to reach the 10ft tall pole at the gate (available nearby). State park passes for all vehicles including trucks/cars (day passes are available), plus ORV and trail passes for anything that goes on the sand. 

I like to get in early, with my shee in the bed of my truck. This way I avoid any sound testing. They open at 8 or 9am, I get there before 10. Park somewhere out of the way on the sand and unload. 

So what size pole are we looking at is that with the quad hight or i need a 10ft flag pole?? Sorry i don’t reply often as ive been super busy with working and house work

Flag needs to reach 10ft from the ground. They’re available in all the stores in the area. Something like $20ea? I can’t remember for sure. It’ll bolt in the hole found on most rear grab bars. I keep an 18mm and 19mm wrench in my truck for that.