(clutch)did I Screw Up Or Not?

river runner

I just installed the cluth from Rocky Mountain Atv. for $43.00 :D But I left the rubber cushions in, should I have removed them? I ran it down the street and it works great but at a stop, it kind of wants to move forward even after trying to adjust the lever adjustment out. Of course making it difficult to get in nuetral if not almost impossible. Please advise on if maybe it just needs break in time or what. Thanks for the help, Chris Huie

I got the same clutch from Rockymountain (tusk) and I used the bands as well. Sounds like you just need to work on your adjustment. I had to adjust the screw-nut on the pressure plates because mine did the exact same thing you are describing. It is a a must that the arrows line up exactly because if they dont you will not get full release when clutch is disengaged. Or it will slip (depending on which side of the arrow the tab is on). I would start with the arrow adjustment and if that doesnt do the trick you will have to adjust the screw on the plates. If the basket is groved you can smooth it up if it isnt too bad.Fortunatly my basket was like new with no marks whatsoever.This one was my first clutch installation and I thought I screwed it up as well. Just be paitent, get your adjustments right and you will be fine. :D

Noticed a little cluch chatter with the dirt digger from Barnett without the cushions but no problems (ever). Hinson without was good, no problems. I was told always to remove them. What oil do you use, had that as a contributing factor to a creeping problem with the Barnett.

Just took Shee out since finnally got the clutch adjusted right. What a difference over stock! apperently it must have slipped alot before but know it's sweet. The clutch pressure in your lever isn't to bad either. Deffinitly recommend for $43.00. The problem I was having with the adjustment was the after market clutch cable was a little too short and was screwing up the whole adjustment.