Rear brake pad replacement question

So I’ve replaced a ton of brakes in a lot of cars and trucks and wasn’t to worried about the banshee but wtf.

I can’t seem to fit the new pad on the right side of the caliper. When I tried to put on both new pads the rotor was getting jammed by this raised area.

What am I missing here? I watched some videos already but I haven’t seen this issue raised. f9951ec9d4d34708960e233d2d9f797f.jpg

Because I was about to go for a ride I had a pad that was completely wore off to get it to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/3/2022 at 4:55 AM, Fr33zypop said:

So I’ve replaced a ton of brakes in a lot of cars and trucks and wasn’t to worried about the banshee but wtf.

I can’t seem to fit the new pad on the right side of the caliper. When I tried to put on both new pads the rotor was getting jammed by this raised area.

What am I missing here? I watched some videos already but I haven’t seen this issue raised. f9951ec9d4d34708960e233d2d9f797f.jpg

Because I was about to go for a ride I had a pad that was completely wore off to get it to fit.

Did you release/remove the parking brake adjustment screw completely?

I don’t have the parking brake setup anymore and was removed before I owned it. I’ll have to research that.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I could use some help on this. I don’t have the ebrake assembly anymore. bc057f552dda70f4a3313d10a703fe81.jpg

This plate on the right. Is it supposed to move at all? I’ve tried to get it to move in with a clamp but it won’t budge. Not sure if it’s seized or what. The only pad I can fit is one with the pad 100% gone. The new one will but the rotor is pinched and won’t fit.

Piston is not frozen and moves fine. If the two slide pins are supposed to move they don’t. I can try to soak them tonight.

I can’t get this to budge so I’ll need to replace it. The Yamaha dealer can get a oem one for 400+ so I’m looking for opinions to other options available online. Anyone have any experience with ones on eBay?

• 2 weeks later...

Loosened the bolts on the bracket got it moving. I’ve ripped some of the rubber surround but it’s fine imo. I don’t got in water or sling mid.