Castor 927.........

Blue Duece

Banshee370, its not really a issue of not spooling over 10K as much as it is that it just pulls your arms off up till the second it drops off leaving you with the impression that you know this thing can do more...is that an accurate description Duece? Ironically I have found that FMF Fatty's rev out longer on these +4's with just slightly less bottom end. I feel certain that this engine has enough umph to spare down low that the right pipe combo would produce 12k and still have more than excellent bottom end...what do you think Duece?....Jim

yeah thats it jim, but i think on the stock port the pc's seem to just keep pulling.......but not with the power i have now...i still think i might try going up a main and down one doing chops just to be sure...while you guys were posting these comments i was out riding...it has a little hesitation and tiny sputter at the 3/4 to top area...could it be a combo of jets and pipes.....damm id love to try some cpi's before buying them..my friends all have toomeys fmf's and turners and of course pc's i wish i knew someone with cpi's so i could try them......thanks for the oil tip walt...id been running Neo oil, works real good and wont seperate......jim would prefer i run the 927...but he's the guy doing my next rebuild so, i think it might be the cold..walt was it cold for your oil test?.......i know the neo is good to like 40 below or some where in there.....but ive never seen belray or any of those seperate either this is the first time ive seen this so i never thought to shake my bike before riding.....but i will now.....does it fuckk your bike up to run it out of gas though?......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey deuce if u ever decide to get rid of them PC's let me kno

sure will guy....if i get the cpi's ill part with them real cheap since i had to dent the inside of the left pipe to clear the choke pull on the pj 34........you can only see it if you lift the seat and its very small.......

duece, jet up on the mains till it bogs out on ya, then keep dropping main jet sizes till it pulls perfect.

My experience with crappy oil and hard starting......

Im a another big beleiver in Amsoil. I mix it at 50:1 and I havent had any spark plug fouling problems, hard starting or excessive smoking. Last october I ran out of Amsoil, so I went to the local bike shop where I buy it and he's sold out of it. I was desperate so I bought a gallon of Klotz R50. I mixed the Klotz at 50:1 just like the Amsoil. Ever since switching over to Klotz, my quad is really hard to start when the engine is ice cold. I have to drain the both float bowls, replace both sparkplugs with clean new ones and shake the hell outta the quad to mix up the gas in the tank, and with full choke and 10 good kicks it fires over. My compression is perfect, I havent lost a pound. Its that damn Klotz gumming shit up and seperating. Once I get it started, it smokes alot more than it should be. I did bump my main jets up for the cold weather, but it shouldnt be smoking as much as it is. My mains are pretty close to being "on" they're just a tad rich. Its that damn Klotz. Amsoil never smoked. I mean all 2 strokes should puff out a little blue smoke, thats normal. But this Klotz stuff smokes like hell. Once the bike is warmed up she runs fine and I can start it with one kick once its warmed up. What I did to fix the hard starting problem was...... like mentioned...... run it out of gas everytime I parked it. I too can ride out of my garage to all my riding spots, so on my way back home i'll shut off the gas about 2 city blocks away from my garage. Get in the garage and let it sit there and run itself dry. dont blip the throttle, just let it sit and idle and within a few minutes it will die. When you go to start it, shake the hell out it and kick over the engine about 10 times with the igniton off. Turn on the gas and it should fire up. Or you could always try some Amsoil. :):)

BTW i think if you went with cpi's you'll love em and they'll really wake up that 4mil engine.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

thanks Meat, thats just what i hear shoot for rich on the main then start droping from there, running this 118 its kinda hard to read the plugs, theres no black shit anywhere on them, but down in the cone they are nice and brown, yet clean as hell if that makes sense, my buddys at action say they look great and they run the same fuel so are used to reading them, both of them say this 927 is not for them either, i think jim must like the lubrication of it, but he's not the guy who's gonna have to clean the syruppie bullshit outta my carbs either.......ive allways run neo at 100:1 but it can go down to 50 or as high as 128:1 and ive never seized a bike or rebuilt early, its not so much the hassel of running the carbs dry and shakin the tank it's more knowing the stuff turns to mud in my fuel system that i dont like...oh and my freshly packed stingers are now full of bullshit as well......im goin to get the cpi's cause i know the pc's just wont let this motor really breath at full top but damm does it come on strong till about 8500 rpm, then just stops pulling till i shift then bamm its a rocket again and has a slight bog and crackle when it falls off, jetting?.....my concern with the cpi's are am i still goin to be able to belly up on my tank with out getting my legs burned? id love to find a guy around me with them to at least sit on the bike and see how they tuck....maybe rudy over at port magic has a set on one of his bikes and i can go by and just see a set mounted up.....or if anyone would be so kind as to post a pick looking down on there bike that would be great.....thanks again guys.......

Duece, dont let me talk you out of a set of CPI's with my comments, trust me they haul on your engine. Proquad101 runs them on his TT/Short track motor I built and nothing can out power him on the 1/2 mile short track. Also he moves around nicely on TT tracks I think you'll find them comfortable. And your right, Im not dealing with your oil seperation situation with 927. Run what you feel comfortable with and have experience with. I just personally get attached to these builds and find great comfort in knowing you and others are running the 927...it just helps me sleep a little better. Its a great delima as a builder when I build super fast motors and my customers expect them to stay together, the 927 will provide that but if you have equal substitutes, by all means go for it...Jim