Castor 927.........

Blue Duece

To start off its been around 30degrees at night and 50 in the day.......im running Castor 927 at 40:1 with 118 octane race fuel......im out pounding around on trails and hills and just haveing some fun riding by myself im out about 3 hours my bikes running great i run into a few guys out in the valley and we blast around for a while, i come out of the valley about 1/8 of a mile of pavment to my house i pinn it shut down zip up my drive way and park in the garage throw it in neutral hit the kill switch,turn off my gas, shed my gear and go inside......next day 10am....i go out gear up, back out of the garage turn on my gas, the kill and pull the left choke, give it a boot and it fires up kill the choke and go to slightly blip the throttle and right cylinders not fireing off idle.mmmmm, fresh plugs and swap plug wires same thing again, im trying to rev it out to get it to fire, nothin, compression check 180 both jugs(8hours on a fresh motor) scratching my head i call my buddy Jacey at action motorsports and tell him whats up, im askin spark? cdi? he's like nope its for sure fuel related he says drop the bowl on the side not hitting and blow out the main some shits in it, (but my air cleaners pristine) so i shut off the gas.... drop the right bowl and 2 ounces of pure syrup came spilling out, try to fire it up again same thing no right side, i drop the bowl again this time with the now well shakin fuel ( i rocked my bike back and forth for a minute) and let some flow reinstalled the bowl and hit it up, bang the right side is in but smokin like a bitch i start warming it and blowing the crap out 10 minutes later its runng good and clear....i go back in and call jacey and tell him its solved thanks for the tip and he's says now drain yer tank cause you just pissed all the oil through the carbs...what a freakin hassle......are they sure this shit is Racers choice?.......after reading the bottle it says may separate ill attest to that.....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duece, next time turn off the gas and let it run out of gas in the carbs when your done for the day. When you return shake the bike a little and your ready to go. May be a hassle, but I assure you your crank and bore thank you evertime that 927 runs through its veins. This is not your everyday Banshee motor and it cant be treated like one either...Jim

Just thought of something else.....most guys dont have the pleasure of hopping on the shee in the garage and blitzing down the driveway and hitting the trails within seconds. They have to trailer the bike hit the road and this tends to stir up the fuel nicely before they even try to start it. Your a lucky guy Duece...but you knew that!...Jim

Just thought of something else.....most guys dont have the pleasure of hopping on the shee in the garage and blitzing down the driveway and hitting the trails within seconds. They have to trailer the bike hit the road and this tends to stir up the fuel nicely before they even try to start it. Your a lucky guy Duece...but you knew that!...Jim

well Jimbee luck my friend is a product of design, but you knew that...lol.....anyhow yeah i guess im idling for 5 minutes before i dismount, things could be worse, i could be ridin a slow shee ;) ....P.S. your engines haul real good ass Jim , Merry Christamas and "Good Luck" in 04...jim

This is not your everyday Banshee motor and it cant be treated like one either...

Ya know Jim thats exactly what Jacey told me, he said "forget everything you knew about your bike before" again Killer Engine, puts a smile on my face everytime i pinn it...oh im running my 17 again it pulls forever, what a rush.and if i understand the wife correctly Santa's going to try and stuff some CPI inframes down my chimminey.......my bikes kinda falling off at real high end but plugs look great....Jacey rode it and said them poor pro circuits cant hang with your pal Jims port work....... :lol:

damn your running straight 118 with that thing, How compression are you running?

I havent had that problem with the castor yet, but when i store the shee for long periods I do like Jim Says and turn the fuel off untill she idles dead. Shake the bike around a bit before I start it back up..I been running 36/1 so a little richer.

Could this really fast amount of seperation have to do with temperature ?

damn your running straight 118 with that thing, How compression are you running?

I havent had that problem with the castor yet, but when i store the shee for long periods I do like Jim Says and turn the fuel off untill she idles dead.  Shake the bike around a bit before I start it back up..I been running 36/1 so a little richer. 

Could this really fast amount of seperation have to do with temperature ?

both jugs are ta 180psi.........i think it is .....it gets 30 in my garage at night, thats what i did today shut it off let it idle dry, then turn on the gas and kick it through before i turn off the kill and fire it up......

Duece, my +4 long rods tend to pull like crazy right up to the split second they fall off the pipe. The CPI'S will do the same, just a little further up on the rpm scale. Your probably turning more rpm than you think seeing that engine will hit 10K effortlessy and instantly. Although that engine isn't your everyday hopped up Banshee motor, most pipes that are available are designed for such a everyday engine .If I had the funds, I would have a pipe designed specifically for that engine...maybe in time.. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you as well!...Jim

Duece, my +4 long rods tend to pull like crazy right up to the split second they fall off the pipe. The CPI'S will do the same, just a little further up on the rpm scale. Your probably turning more rpm than you think seeing that engine will hit 10K effortlessy and instantly.  Although that engine isn't your everyday hopped up Banshee motor, most pipes that are available are designed for such a everyday engine .If I had the funds, I would have a pipe designed specifically for that engine...maybe in time..  Oh, and Merry Christmas to you as well!...Jim

how much cash ya talkin jim....you think the fact that it kinda stops pulling is not jetting or the pipe.....

Oh its definately the pipe without a doubt. Lean jet sizing doesn't help either. All pipes quit pulling, usually long before peak rpm is reached. These +4 motors just dont peter out before that point. To me it indicates potential horsepower not even tapped into. Ive been looking for a pipe that wont fall off until around 12K or so but havn't found it yet. As for cost, who knows, I havn't even ck'd into it yet. Possibly Scherer of Factory pipe could do it. Its not going to happen in somebody's garage on the weekends though thats for sure. The beauty of it all would be a grunt monster that hits 12K...what a superb outcome...Jim

Duece:

I used to run 927 a few years ago. I always had problems w/ the carbs guming up or the bike not running to its full potential. I switched to Amsoil and all the problems went away. Try this test.... take a few small quart cans or if you can get some clear glass jars... fill each one w/ fuel. pour in the correct amount of premix and shake. Try this with several different brands if you have access to them. The 927 will start to seperate in a few hours. I tried this w/ amsoil and even after a few days it was still mixed w/ very little seperation. Yamalube is also similar to Amsoil

PassionRE:

Whats your opinions on the cut T3's I know they dont have a great bottom end (depending on motor mods) but I know mine will spool up over 10k. I believe Dave (MP racing) told me a few years ago that I could see at least 11k w/ very little loss of power at that rpm, and any loss would be due to timing.

Banshee370, its not really a issue of not spooling over 10K as much as it is that it just pulls your arms off up till the second it drops off leaving you with the impression that you know this thing can do more...is that an accurate description Duece? Ironically I have found that FMF Fatty's rev out longer on these +4's with just slightly less bottom end. I feel certain that this engine has enough umph to spare down low that the right pipe combo would produce 12k and still have more than excellent bottom end...what do you think Duece?....Jim

looking at dynos the scherer pipes for the strokers looked pretty sweet, they seemt o pull longer than the CPI's but they don't pull untill your in hgher RPM's Fattys pulled their peak the fastest on the same dyno I was looking at the other day and the CPI's were closer to the scherer's, they came on sooner but left off at about 1000-2000 less RPM's.

CPI inframes that is..