Banshee weird sound

emrickb

Bought a 7mil cub 443cc from West Coast Atv, installed the motor in my frame and started it. Was running good, but at first rev a oring rubber parts got out of the exhaust. So took of the coolhead, changed the domes for 21cc 9 degree big bore domes and putted back the coolhead. Started it, noticed that this sound appear at the first start but realized that the flywheel came loose. Lapped it, torqued to spec and blue loctied it. Still the same sound but way less louder. Tried to change the kicker assembly, brand new kicker gear, tried another clutch basket, another waterpump and still does it. Squish is at 0.0045 each side. What could it be?

What’s weird is that it didn’t do this sound before that i changed the domes. The first start after the dome change, did this sound but the flywheel was loose. Not only when i let off, past a certain rpm i don’t hear it i think. All gear work. More noticeable on neutral and 1-2 gear.

He said he had personally run it and tested it. But when i received it, idler gear bushing was bad and the spacer washer and retaining ring was not on the shaft but loose in the clutch cover. But before i opened the coolhead to change the oring, this sound was not there and motor was running great. 

"Was running good, but at first rev a oring rubber parts got out of the exhaust. So took of the coolhead, changed the domes for 21cc 9 degree big bore domes and putted back the coolhead."

trying to understand this part of your message better

Just now, caleb90 said:

So you changed the domes and started it to find this noise before you took the clutch cover off??? Possibly the fly wheel went bad from being loose?

So, got the engine. opened the clutch cover before starting it, changed the idler gear and installed it in the frame. did 2-3 start for about 10-15 sec running max. last start, revved it and saw a oring part fly off the pipe so ordered a new oring kit for the domes. At the same time, changed the old 19cc for a brand new set of 21cc that brian sent for free. Started it again and heard this noise but 2x more louder. Checked everything and saw that flywheel was loose. Torqued it back, started and now i have this little sound. All gear work, no metal shaving in oil.

1 minute ago, emrickb said:

So, got the engine. opened the clutch cover before starting it, changed the idler gear and installed it in the frame. did 2-3 start for about 10-15 sec running max. last start, revved it and saw a oring part fly off the pipe so ordered a new oring kit for the domes. At the same time, changed the old 19cc for a brand new set of 21cc that brian sent for free. Started it again and heard this noise but 2x more louder. Checked everything and saw that flywheel was loose. Torqued it back, started and now i have this little sound. All gear work, no metal shaving in oil.

If you saw a oring fly off the pipe, did you pull the pipe to see if the o ring was still on the flange. If not the pipe will be rattleing around on the cylinder. Im not sure how you went from oring coming off the pipe to thinking it was the coolhead o rings