Which Motor/Build?

Entity

Recently bought two banshee frames only, so I've got a clean slate on what to build. I am planning to only build one right now, the other will be built end of the year/first of next year as a trail bike. The one frame I am focusing on is going to be a flat track racing build. I figured if I'm going down this road I might as well buy the right stuff the first go around. The main question I have is what motor/build should I look into for flat track racing only? I do not own any banshee motors yet just want to buy the right one best suited for my needs.

I have started a list of the build, motor is going to be the first thing I buy. Currently getting ready to powder coat the frame.

Any questions, I'll try to answer as quickly as possible. Thank you!

EDIT: I forgot to add my budget, I would like to keep it around $3500. It can be more if it's worth it.

Edited by Entity

Recently bought two banshee frames only, so I've got a clean slate on what to build. I am planning to only build one right now, the other will be built end of the year/first of next year as a trail bike. The one frame I am focusing on is going to be a flat track racing build. I figured if I'm going down this road I might as well buy the right stuff the first go around. The main question I have is what motor/build should I look into for flat track racing only? I do not own any banshee motors yet just want to buy the right one best suited for my needs.
I have started a list of the build, motor is going to be the first thing I buy. Currently getting ready to powder coat the frame.
Any questions, I'll try to answer as quickly as possible. Thank you!
EDIT: I forgot to add my budget, I would like to keep it around $3500. It can be more if it's worth it.
$3500 for the whole build or the motor? You're definitely money ahead either way to buy a complete bike and build it the way you want. Building one from a bare frame for $3500 will be impossible using the right parts.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

you going out there to have fun or be competitive?

Competitive, $3500 is not going to cut it.

Keep your eyes open for a non-running or basket case bike. Use the engine as the base for your build, I'd go with the Driveline 421 assassin or 392 assassin builds, 19cc domes ported by driveline for your specs, CPI or Shearer pipes, 35-38mm carbs, Dual pingle for the tank Straight cut higher (Top speed) ratio gears for the primary drive, billet water pump impeller, Bearing modded shift drum, shift star, clutch torrington bearing, ceramic clutch ball and barnett steel with R1 fibres. 

If you assemble it yourself it should be close to $3500, depending on how much the cases and trans cost you. Keep a watch on the FB marketplace and craigslist too.... sometimes you can get lucky.

11 hours ago, 97Screamer said:

$3500 for the whole build or the motor? You're definitely money ahead either way to buy a complete bike and build it the way you want. Building one from a bare frame for $3500 will be impossible using the right parts.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

$3500 just for the motor alone. I got the 2 frames for $200, it was too hard to pass up. I've already began ordering parts for my first build. I was only making the post to see what engine build I need to look into for flat track racing. The only thing I don't want to do from the ground up is building a motor. I would rather let the professionals deal with that end while I'm getting the frame part ready. 

11 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

you going out there to have fun or be competitive?

Competitive, $3500 is not going to cut it.

Keep your eyes open for a non-running or basket case bike. Use the engine as the base for your build, I'd go with the Driveline 421 assassin or 392 assassin builds, 19cc domes ported by driveline for your specs, CPI or Shearer pipes, 35-38mm carbs, Dual pingle for the tank Straight cut higher (Top speed) ratio gears for the primary drive, billet water pump impeller, Bearing modded shift drum, shift star, clutch torrington bearing, ceramic clutch ball and barnett steel with R1 fibres. 

If you assemble it yourself it should be close to $3500, depending on how much the cases and trans cost you. Keep a watch on the FB marketplace and craigslist too.... sometimes you can get lucky.

Competitive flat track for sure. $3500 is the budget just for the motor build alone. I'm glad I posted this question before buying! I was looking into a 472 or 421 build, I have it written down in front of me. I think I'm leaning toward a 421 build for sure. I haven't looked in the 392 build yet, I'll replace it with the 472 on the list. I got a pair of shearer pipes on the $200 deal for the frames. I thought the CPI and shearer pipes are for drag? Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it this helps a ton.