New here!!

Hey everyone, new to the forum. So my dad passed away in may and I got his old banshee out. Are last ride was in 07 with it. It's still pretty much brand new. It was his baby but unfortunately my dad got sick and couldnt ride it anymore. He said I couldnt touch it till he died 🤷‍♂️ anyway, so when he parked it it ran but pretty sure he blew right side rings. He never messed with it after that. So here I am after getting it going it seems to be leaking oil from the right side exhaust. Pretty bad to. I'm going to re pack the exhaust seeing is how god knows when they were repacked. Also pretty sure I'm looking at a top end. Its bored .80 over so I'm thinking about starting all over. Factory top end. Going back to stock. I will up load some pictures and videos of it. That's all I got right now. So 98 banshee .80 over toomey t5s acouple little extras but nothing special. Bars, nerfs, graphics, holeshots with itp aluminum wheels, graves motorsports seat. Also I want to include that it's actually running really good. Alot of people said maybe a crank seal. To be honest I think it's just rings but wont know till i get into it. Also some recommends for top end would be awesome. Checked out ebay and Amazon. Whole top ends for 150bucks lol I'm good!!! They got one on there for 400. Wiseco pistons new jugs stuff like that. Not really sure what route to go. I'm not a take it to shop and have it fixed person. I can do all the work not worried about that. Let me know people's thanks again. 

Welcome to the HQ. Sorry about your Dad.

Banshee stuff...ain't rings, 2 strokes ain't like that, probably the right crank seal as said. BEFORE you tear anything down do a compression test, a leak down test, and we'll go from there. If it's running good, just spitting oil, and not using trans oil, could simply need an exhaust o-ring. But sitting is hard on them.

Thanks for all the input guys!! So I did a compression test before I even started it. I'm between 115 120 both cylinders. To be honest I have never done a leak down test on one. So I'll do that first. I really hope it isn't the crank seal. I really hate to split the cases cause I'm not a trans guy buy any means lol. I'm going to put the top end on hold for now. So one thing I forgot to list first was I have no couplings on the exhaust. Dont know what happened to them so i ordered some from rick. I'm going to load a video on what it's doing tonight. Not sure on how to load video on here I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks again everyone. Any more input would be awesome!!