Jetting concern w T5’s

DoubleJay

Agreed my pics do suck. Only letting me send them on small format. All rings on pistons. Looks like those pistons are 1mm over from manufacturer part number. I not opposed to adding some power. On a budget though 

What’s your budget? That’s the ultimate question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few hundred .. just had a new house built . Spending tons of money else where. If I can find somebody to bore cylinders. And maybe go another size bigger piston . Would be good

Getting a good idea of how much you have to spend is good start. Once you start buying one thing it will snowball into much more very quickly. Contrary to what a ton of people on here will tell you, it is perfectly fine to rebuild and not upgrade any. Cheapest way to do it would be gasket, as little of a bore as possible, new pistons/rings/wrist pin bearings, clean up the head, send it.

I’m have a guy that owes me a favor to bore them out . So what do you guys think . I’m gonna be running stock carbs . I would like to go the  route of bigger pistons . W out causing problems though. I think I’ll will get a new head too. Al lot of material seems gone on my stock head. I can’t see that it will evenly combust w other cylinder. Tell me if I’m wrong on that? So how big should I go? What else would have to be done? Sorry for  all these questions. This started out w jetting

I’m have a guy that owes me a favor to bore them out . So what do you guys think . I’m gonna be running stock carbs . I would like to go the  route of bigger pistons . W out causing problems though. I think I’ll will get a new head too. Al lot of material seems gone on my stock head. I can’t see that it will evenly combust w other cylinder. Tell me if I’m wrong on that? So how big should I go? What else would have to be done? Sorry for  all these questions. This started out w jetting

You want to bore it the least amount as possible. Gaining 20cc’s isn’t going to be as much power gain as porting or doing a cool head. Then you have more life in your cylinders and can bore again later on

Fuck that head, buy a cool head.
Don’t overbore, only bore it to the next size required.

I think I’m gonna go w the cool head then , and next size up piston . Others have commented before about jetting . Should I try a 27.5 pilot and 280 main to get me going. And thanks to all of you for your help . Much gratitude 

If you go with a cool head you’re going to have to get certain sized domes to have the compression ratio you want. If you go higher than stock then you’re just going to have to play with the jetting. But that would be a good starting point.

From what I can see my old pistons were 1 mm over. So do I do that again and go to 2mm over stock to 66 mm piston? Or bigger??

You don’t know how much you need to machine off until you measure the cylinders with a bore gauge. If you can go with 1mil more then buy the pistons that are 1 mil more and take it to your machining friend. Then he will see what the tolerance needs to be and cut it to match the pistons. Don’t forget to make sure your ring gap is also correct when you go to install the pistons. Don’t want it seizing up when it gets hot