Bringing a Banshee out of 13 years of Hibernation.

Hey Guys, 

I’m new to the site and I have spent a couple of days looking around and I have found a lot of helpful information but didn’t find what I was looking for. The title of this post explains my question.

I have a 2006 50th anniversary Yamaha Banshee. I bought it brand new in the create from the dealership and went straight into storage. Yes, it’s still in the create as of right now. Yes, I’ve inspected it throughout the years by just peeking in on it. Other then that It’s been moved from coast to coast. (Military- Marines Ret.)

My biggest question is what steps should I be taken if or when I bring it out of hibernation?  My main concern is seals and gaskets leaking from sitting so long. I also tried to post photos and it keeps saying my images are to big. I can’t figure it out. 

Please keep the site going and I’m glad I came across it.  

Any information would be helpful. 

Thanks.

Edited by BumbleShee350

I’m appalled at the leave it in the crate remarks. If you wanna ride, put it together with fresh fluids, lube everything, do a leak down on the motor, dialectric grease all the electrical, adjust the pick up gap, and ride the shit out of it! 

The only reason to leave it in the crate would be to sell it and rape someone looking for a cherry new bike in a crate. Otherwise, ride it!

Here’s are some photos that I took today while I had the chance. I’m just babysitting the trike in the one photo.

76c884aacfb0d2e63b0cfc1d8cf0aeee.jpg

e566597bf2491af1ea4156ecab978a69.jpg

d666de5d85c4cb16d42f49e74d21d9cc.jpg

cdfbb90ad4659221fb79835bd90e2309.jpg

07ff9957cc4b70d1d98143455bed78c2.jpg

a2c874b9c58e992ddb6ff43f657cae5e.jpg

7f0f5c85e748b4439819b1e52044e3ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I would leave it like that ,two years ago one shop near me had 3 of them in crates . They went for $20 000 AUD like a hotcakes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Looks nice! Purdy banshee. Hell if I would have bought one new to keep in the crate I would have bought one to ride at same time.
Who knows how long they can sit in the crate before the rubber stuff is bad(seals,tires, fuel line)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you use it,roughly 10 years tops, you don't get much longer if you don't use it (I would say around 15) because of the lifetime of the rubber.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk