Did a plug chop but plug was white no ring.Trying jet my banshee

Tobynblevins

I did 1 run went through all 6 gears took my time tho... last Time I did 3 gears  but used break to put a load on it i was running a 160 main jet  was way to rich when I chopped plug the hole thing was black so I knew was way to rich other plug had no color at all both woul look lean tho from looking at the top of spark plug until cutting it... this time I dropped the jet to a 150 did all 6 gears chopped plug and everything was white except top defantly ran 100 times better tho this is what plug looked like. Pic of plugs with color was from the first run 1-3 using break its the run that one spark plus had no color other plug did.. second pic Is from second run with hardly no color ... it was wet so was hard to hit 6 on top end 

Screenshot_20191209-080059_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

20191209_232231.jpg

Are you sure your doing the plug chop right?

warm up bike on old plugs

then swap to new plugs.. do 1 solid hard pull right through to  6th gear peak rpm then pull clutch and kill motor.   once you come to a stop  change out plugs back  to the old ones and go back to shop and chop plugs....    those 1st plugs look like you rode around on them..

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

Are you sure your doing the plug chop right?

warm up bike on old plugs

then swap to new plugs.. do 1 solid hard pull right through to  6th gear peak rpm then pull clutch and kill motor.   once you come to a stop  change out plugs back  to the old ones and go back to shop and chop plugs....    those 1st plugs look like you rode around on them..

It was wet probably have to do a 1-3 with break because its hard to hit 6th around here 

• 2 weeks later...

If you don’t have the space to do a plug chop properly, just do a little studying on how to read the base ring and electrode. At this point you’re just cutting up plugs looking for a result you won’t get properly without running 6th wide open. Sure it’s nice to know there is a perfect ring inside the plug on the porcelain, but there are plenty of other ways to read a plug with out chopping them. If you’re adamant that you want a smoke ring, you’ll need to find the space to do it right.