lectron carbs and were to start?

banshee907

bought the set of electron carbs for my banshee from rocky mountain atv.

have them installed but have no idea what to do next tuning wise.  bike starts and idles and all that but what do i do now to fine tune them?

i live in alaska and do most of my riding at sea level.

bike is stock for the most part except for rooney t5 pipes.

any pointers on what to do next?

23 hours ago, banshee907 said:

bought the set of electron carbs for my banshee from rocky mountain atv.

have them installed but have no idea what to do next tuning wise.  bike starts and idles and all that but what do i do now to fine tune them?

i live in alaska and do most of my riding at sea level.

bike is stock for the most part except for rooney t5 pipes.

any pointers on what to do next?

Dont listen to last post.. they are  better then stock I have lectron on my yz250 they was pretty much set perfectly from lectron but get yourself a good digital micrometer.

Measure the tip of the needle to the brass insert on the slide where it threads in.

Start with 48mm length.

Any needle will work to get the bike to idle.

Warm the bike up, and wrap the throttle 3 to 4 times real quick. It should be crisp and clean, not blowing a ton of raw fuel out the pipes (a little is ok for methanol)

If it's blowing raw fuel out, turn the needles out 1/4 turn at a time until it's revving clean. Then you're done.

Remember, the flat side of the metering rod MUST face the engine, so once you make the needle longer, push the needle up and turn it so the flat is facing foward, you'll feel it "click" back in place.

Keeping these needles the same length is critical. get  within .02mm or so of each other.

Then, turn the power jets all the way open. Keep turning them in until it pulls nice and hard. That's your safe point.

If you go too lean on the metering rod..it'll surge and feel "tinny" and rev funny....1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time is what I'd recommend.

Just use the two outside screws on the carb tops until you get the needle set, then use the third to fasten it (in front of the cable)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 12:44 AM, Tobynblevins said:

Dont listen to last post.. they are  better then stock I have lectron on my yz250 they was pretty much set perfectly from lectron but get yourself a good digital micrometer.

Measure the tip of the needle to the brass insert on the slide where it threads in.

Start with 48mm length.

Any needle will work to get the bike to idle.

Warm the bike up, and wrap the throttle 3 to 4 times real quick. It should be crisp and clean, not blowing a ton of raw fuel out the pipes (a little is ok for methanol)

If it's blowing raw fuel out, turn the needles out 1/4 turn at a time until it's revving clean. Then you're done.

Remember, the flat side of the metering rod MUST face the engine, so once you make the needle longer, push the needle up and turn it so the flat is facing foward, you'll feel it "click" back in place.

Keeping these needles the same length is critical. get  within .02mm or so of each other.

Then, turn the power jets all the way open. Keep turning them in until it pulls nice and hard. That's your safe point.

If you go too lean on the metering rod..it'll surge and feel "tinny" and rev funny....1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time is what I'd recommend.

Just use the two outside screws on the carb tops until you get the needle set, then use the third to fasten it (in front of the cable)

I’m curious how you can tune Lectrons, but don’t know where to go on the other stuff you’re jetting? Usually it’s the opposite for many folks. They can tune the normal Mikuni sand Keihin carbs but don’t know what to do with a Lectron. Knowledge like that puts you a leg up.