Got it running but clutch suddenly stop working

I have gotten the project running  put the new driveline clutch I was driving it for three hours perfectly  then pulled into my house and the bike started reving I thought I was adjusted the original clutch basket but I guess I didn’t do it correctly. to the moon and the clutch wouldn’t work to stop the bike or to shut it off so I pulled my tether.i checked the actuator and I can’t push it with my hand any more.what can be the problem?did I weld me rod and ball? Can I take it out with out taking the cases apart?  

1 hour ago, trickedcarbine said:

Sounds like a welded ball and rod. Sometimes they come out easily, some times they don’t. Definitely rebuilt it with a pancake bearing. 

I just took it apart the clutch cover and springs and bolts and the rod and ball just slid out,so it’s not welded.the ball came out with no problem and the rod I had to tilt the quad on it’s side.Idk what it could be.

She was running perfect for 3 hours then all of sudden it started reving to the moon and I pulled in the clutch lever in and it  didnt do anything it did not stop the quad just reved up high. But Since I took it apart to check it out the clutch actuator moves freely but it didn’t wanna move prior of taking it apart . Tomorrow I’ll check again if it moves with it all together.I do know once the ball came out the actuator moved no problem.i know the rod and ball is not welded atleast the ball and rod came out seperate .so I can knock that off the list that’s it’s not that, but you never know I could be wrong.im thinking maybe the clutch cable is stretched and I need a new one,but what do I know.i thought I adjusted the bolt on the clutch hub, I literally loosened it tighten the Phillips bolt I felt some slight resistance and stopped and tighten the bolt And left it with some play like suggested, also the mark in the case matched with the actuator,so idk what it could be,Any suggestions to what to do or to check let me know,l. I would really appreciate it.

On 11/23/2019 at 8:47 PM, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Your original post is a little hard to follow. So the clutch is slipping and didn't grab at all?

You can't push the actuator by hand when it's all together anyway, So don't know what you mean by that.

Now I put The rod and ball back in but without the clutch cable  hooked up ,I could move the actuator, But i have it hand tight with just the bolts on. I don’t know what it could be I’m thinking the clutch cable could be old and stretched.i would appreciate any suggestions.

Cable off

Torque 6 pressure plate bolts

Adjust center adjuster while holding the actuator inboard with your other hand until arrows line up.

When you release it it will spring outboard. That all the freehand movement it will have.  You can't overcome the 6 clutch springs by hand.

At this point you can close up the side case.

install cable with and adjust with a little slack at the handlebar adjuster.

43 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Whats hand tight?

At the moment I have the clutch bolts and springs hand tight I haven’t put it back together tight. The actuator didn’t wanna move at all , till I took the rod and ball which I thought that was welded but wasn’t  .im thinking my cable is old idk.

On 11/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, HomesteadBanshee said:

She was running perfect for 3 hours then all of sudden it started reving to the moon and I pulled in the clutch lever in and it  didnt do anything it did not stop the quad just reved up high.

I dont know if anyone asked yet, but did you do a leak down test on this project yet?