New project but cracked case

1 hour ago, HomesteadBanshee said:

Thanks man I’ll post a better pic tommorow when the suns out. It honestly starts first kick I think I got a steal for 500

worst case you need new cases and have to tear the motor down and put all the guts into a new carcass. worst WORST case you open the motor and find new issues lol 

12 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

worst case you need new cases and have to tear the motor down and put all the guts into a new carcass. worst WORST case you open the motor and find new issues lol 

Yeah your right and what I paid for it i feel I didn’t do bad even if I gotta do the motor completely but honestly it feels kinda healthy starts first kick, when I get a chance today I’ll post more pics of the crack I’ll try and get the best pictures I can get.

• 2 weeks later...

aluminum is a pain in the balls when its oil soaked. the crack is probly saturated along with the backside. if it were mine i would take it apart and clean the backside with acetone in all directions of the crack for several inches. do the same on the front side. V the crack and drill a small hole at each end of the crack so it doesnt take off when u lite up. a quick preheat in a oven isnt a bad idea either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, registered user said:

previos owner sounds like a tard

Na he was a cool dude very honest man.im really dreading on taking it apart completely,I’ve been told by re do banshee parts and others to weld it all together but others say to take it apart, I guess I’m stuck taking it all apart unless I get some type of suggestions not to from some more banshee gurus.

13 hours ago, registered user said:

he might of been cool but its clear he has no welding or repair skills. fix it however u want. makes no fucks to me

I plan on getting it welded it’s the correct way unless buying cases but I’m trying to see if I really gotta break it down because if I do break it down I might aswell just rebuild the entire motor and go through the drivetrain and see and if needed repairs or see something not right fix the problem.l, I was kinda just hoping to fix the minor bs thing drive it till I blow it up, and then break it down.

Edited by HomesteadBanshee

Too much of a leak for me.
Make a mess of bike when riding.

1. Cheapest(may not work) JB weld/epoxy
2. Attempt to weld on bike(cases get to hot will damage oil seal at countershaft sprocket and shift shaft)
3. Tear down and have welded
4. Find good used cases, swap everything over, install new crank bearings, seals, trans bearings and new piston rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Option 4.

Won’t be able to successfully weld those cases without tearing engine down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re do banshee parts suggest take off the nuetral plastic cover, the shift shaft and shift shaft seal and get it welded With it together, I just don’t wanna damage it more than I have to,if you guys tell me your advice I would appreciate,I’m just most probably gonna take it all apart.