Bogs a little if I hit it to hard off start and laggs for power band

jason.perez

I got: 97shee, t5’s, stock carbs no air box 

300 feet above sea level

25 pilot and 290 main, needle middle clip 

So my low end kinda weak, top end is power wheeling   Kinda laggs to hit power band 

i don’t know if I should go down to 280 does that sound like it would be to lean?

Or should I lean out the needle ? 

I don’t really have the space to plug chop at the moment 

• 3 months later...
I got: 97shee, t5’s, stock carbs no air box 
300 feet above sea level
25 pilot and 290 main, needle middle clip 
So my low end kinda weak, top end is power wheeling   Kinda laggs to hit power band 
i don’t know if I should go down to 280 does that sound like it would be to lean?
Or should I lean out the needle ? 
I don’t really have the space to plug chop at the moment 

Hello, I have a 2002 banshee with T5’s, K&N pods (so probably similar air flow to yours) and I have a 25 pilot and a 310 main with my needle on the 4th notch (also have +2° timing). I recently had mine funk tuned and I’m about 1 jet rich on the mains but I left it that way for peace of mind. My timing was spot on basically and the plugs were a nice very light caramel color. Here is a screen cap of my dyno graph reading, pretty smooth top to bottom if you ask me 19d46a17f3f798be86f0d62ff8150615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 5:20 PM, trumanbuckley1 said:

Hello, I have a 2002 banshee with T5’s, K&N pods (so probably similar air flow to yours) and I have a 25 pilot and a 310 main with my needle on the 4th notch (also have +2° timing). I recently had mine funk tuned and I’m about 1 jet rich on the mains but I left it that way for peace of mind. My timing was spot on basically and the plugs were a nice very light caramel color. Here is a screen cap of my dyno graph reading, pretty smooth top to bottom if you ask meemoji2373.png19d46a17f3f798be86f0d62ff8150615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry barely seen this. Is there any disadvantages to running +2 timing on a basically stock shee?