Replating cylinder??

BBoy69

why does he have to ask anybody. just send them to millenium and they will fix them up like new. theres also other places like langcourt in alabama that likely does as good or better than millenium. one problem i c is the studs look like theyr corroded into the cylinders. becareful u dont bust one off trying to remove it. if u put antiseize or loctite it will keep the corrosion away

why does he have to ask anybody. just send them to millenium and they will fix them up like new. theres also other places like langcourt in alabama that likely does as good or better than millenium. one problem i c is the studs look like theyr corroded into the cylinders. becareful u dont bust one off trying to remove it. if u put antiseize or loctite it will keep the corrosion away

I actually live in Alabama so I’ll check langcourt out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, registered user said:

why does he have to ask anybody.

Well, I guess he doesn't. But off the top off my head...

1. It might clean up with a mild acid and a diamond hone for a cheap fix.

2. It may be so bad that a repair and re-plate just isn't cost effective.

3. It's been my experience that a company that has hundreds of cylinders plated gets better (quicker) service than Joe-Blow that has one.

But he came here and asked advice, I honestly DGAF.

(PS, I could be wrong on all accounts)

1 hour ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Well, I guess he doesn't. But off the top off my head...

1. It might clean up with a mild acid and a diamond hone for a cheap fix.

2. It may be so bad that a repair and re-plate just isn't cost effective.

3. It's been my experience that a company that has hundreds of cylinders plated gets better (quicker) service than Joe-Blow that has one.

But he came here and asked advice, I honestly DGAF.

(PS, I could be wrong on all accounts)

i hear what your saying. however its unlikely the neighborhood machine shop is setup to mess with small plated cylinders, even if he did clean the smeared stuff himself, assuming it wasnt worn to the aluminum.  had it been just a small smear then i would agree to clean it himself but this shouldnt require honing. the plating is typically just a couple thousand thick and best left alone if at all possible. not saying it cant b honed but honing it just for the hek of it seems like a reckless move imo

langcourt claims 5dy turn around. not sure what milleniums is. 

cylinders can always b fixed. ya sometime it might not b cost affective if it was catostrophic failure. 

after seeing the photos i wouldnt bother trying to clean it. doesnt look to be any damage except the plating is smeared beyond belief . if the other cylinder checks out good then he should b fine plating just the one side

i hear what your saying. however its unlikely the neighborhood machine shop is setup to mess with small plated cylinders, even if he did clean the smeared stuff himself, assuming it wasnt worn to the aluminum.  had it been just a small smear then i would agree to clean it himself but this shouldnt require honing. the plating is typically just a couple thousand thick and best left alone if at all possible. not saying it cant b honed but honing it just for the hek of it seems like a reckless move imo
langcourt claims 5dy turn around. not sure what milleniums is. 
cylinders can always b fixed. ya sometime it might not b cost affective if it was catostrophic failure. 
after seeing the photos i wouldnt bother trying to clean it. doesnt look to be any damage except the plating is smeared beyond belief . if the other cylinder checks out good then he should b fine plating just the one side

Both cylinders are on there the right cylinder has marks but no grooves

8 hours ago, registered user said:

he'd have to go back in time 6 years to have langcourt plate his cylinders in the usa or send them to the UK where langcourt is.

he'd have to go back in time 6 years to have langcourt plate his cylinders in the usa or send them to the UK where langcourt is.

Welp Nevermind to that I have seen two companies millennium and another company called u.s chrome

Welp Nevermind to that I have seen two companies millennium and another company called u.s chrome

I use power seal in Pa. Got my cylinder done in about 6 days. I think I shipped on a monday, got back like next Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk