Jetting on single 35mm pwk

klh2000

Just picked up my first banshee. Has lots of aftermarket stuff, but I am questioning the jetting.

It has:

Trinity 2-1 intake

35mm pwk

Paul Turner mid pipes

Trail porting by redline

21cc domes.

I am 300ft above sea level, currently a out 20 degrees f out. I have a 55 pilot, which seems about right, but I am up to a 238 main, which seems way higher than what most people run. It runs fine, but it almost seems like it should go richer because there is no smoke. It came with a 198 main, and ran exactly the same on that. I am just worried about running too lean.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I would run a leakdown test first too just to be sure since you didnt do the work. Do you plan to be riding it a lot during the colder weather? If not, its pretty pointless to try and get it dialed in now when you will have to do it all over again once it warms up. Maybe ask the seller what temps he jetted it at and if he actually tuned it or got a recommendation from redline. 

I would run a leakdown test first too just to be sure since you didnt do the work. Do you plan to be riding it a lot during the colder weather? If not, its pretty pointless to try and get it dialed in now when you will have to do it all over again once it warms up. Maybe ask the seller what temps he jetted it at and if he actually tuned it or got a recommendation from redline. 
I ride year round in NY. The previous owner raced it years ago. It was set up for 110 octane when I got it. I backed the timing off and put in the 21cc domes

10 minutes ago, klh2000 said:

I ride year round in NY. The previous owner raced it years ago. It was set up for 110 octane when I got it. I backed the timing off and put in the 21cc domes

Ok if you want to play safe do a leakdown and then plug chop if you have the space. What premix you running? When i ran Motul i noticed it doesnt smoke as much compared to Klotz or others. 

• 3 weeks later...
Ok if you want to play safe do a leakdown and then plug chop if you have the space. What premix you running? When i ran Motul i noticed it doesnt smoke as much compared to Klotz or others. 
Sorry it took so long, but other things git in the way. Just did a leak down test, held 7psi for over 10 minutes. I am going to switch to FMF fatty header pipes just to try them out since I have a set. I want a little more top end power, but not sure how much I'll be able to get with a single carb. I have an eej needle if I remember correctly

• 3 weeks later...