Advice on this rev/engine sound?

Hi guys new here and new to Banshee/quad ownership in general. 

My 94 Banshee sounds odd but actually runs somewhat decent surprisingly.

I tried leaning out(counterclock turning air screws on stock carbs) and helped a bit but still doesn't sound crisp and poppy like most banshees. Any ideas?

heres video https://youtu.be/p5eNvok3NC0

thanks in advance. I also bought clymer manual if that is of any relevance for further steps. 

Hi guys new here and new to Banshee/quad ownership in general. 
My 94 Banshee sounds odd but actually runs somewhat decent surprisingly.
I tried leaning out(counterclock turning air screws on stock carbs) and helped a bit but still doesn't sound crisp and poppy like most banshees. Any ideas?
heres video 

thanks in advance. I also bought clymer manual if that is of any relevance for further steps. 
Assuming you live in Havasu?

What's the setup on the bike? Mods, carbs, jetting, etc. Its cold as F down there right now, so whatever you do now will be a bit different when it warms up a bit.

15 hours ago, n2otoofast4u said:

Assuming you live in Havasu?

What's the setup on the bike? Mods, carbs, jetting, etc. Its cold as F down there right now, so whatever you do now will be a bit different when it warms up a bit.

Yep have lived in havasu 19 years now. 

I bought bike 3 months ago and have no idea what's done to it. It has Toomey T5 exhaust is all I know. 

Not sure on jetting as haven't taken them off yet but may have to as both carbs overflow prob due to floats which just started happening. I run 40:1 with castor 927 and 91 octane. 

Posting video of idle in a min

7 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

one side seems pretty light vs the other.

pull plugs see what they look like.    maybe even ohm plug caps  should ohm under 5K 

Ok I'll check hopefully this weekend as I work a lot all week. 

Swapped plugs when I noticed it starting to sound different but didn't help. Power band still feels strong but who knows maybe it was never running right from the get-go so I have nothing to compare to. 

6 hours ago, ride.race.live said:

one side seems pretty light vs the other.

pull plugs see what they look like.    maybe even ohm plug caps  should ohm under 5K 

Checked Plug caps. Had to set my multimeter to 200M and 20M and one cap said 3.5 the other could not get a reading. Both pipes were smoking but cap on right(one with more smoke) is one I got a reading on. Did I do it right? 

curious.

you did remove the caps right?   if you did you should trim a little bit off the coil wire to ensure a clean contact re installing them. 

also if your not getting a reading on one of the boots odds are its shot and needs to be changed.  Boots are a easy and cheap swap regardless..   Boots can cause all sorts of odd problems  small and big... i'd say its a cheap enough insurance and super simple thing to swap out and try.

You have 2 options for plug boots  TB05EMA   is what most guys run or Radarracing a reputable member on here has been using LB05EP  for boots and claims they have given him less issues ( I personally never got to try those yet though but did plan on buying those if I ever needed to replace the ones I got)

Also note... you should test the plug boots right out of the box....  I ended up getting 1 bad boot out of 4 that where brand new in box.  

44 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

curious.

you did remove the caps right?   if you did you should trim a little bit off the coil wire to ensure a clean contact re installing them. 

also if your not getting a reading on one of the boots odds are its shot and needs to be changed.  Boots are a easy and cheap swap regardless..   Boots can cause all sorts of odd problems  small and big... i'd say its a cheap enough insurance and super simple thing to swap out and try.

You have 2 options for plug boots  TB05EMA   is what most guys run or Radarracing a reputable member on here has been using LB05EP  for boots and claims they have given him less issues ( I personally never got to try those yet though but did plan on buying those if I ever needed to replace the ones I got)

Also note... you should test the plug boots right out of the box....  I ended up getting 1 bad boot out of 4 that where brand new in box.  

Oh dang I just twisted em off and then twisted back on. I'll go back and trim the ends like you said, the wire ends almost looked like they had rust on them or something as well. Will order new ones like you said; couldn't hurt. 

Thank you for the help, very appreciated. 

4 hours ago, ride.race.live said:

dont bother trimming wire ends till you get the new caps in that case. 

if you trim the wire and it still shows some rust / corrosion keep trimming bits until its clean.. if its all shit through out... either get new plug wires or a whole new OEM coil which is aprox 97 bucks or so. 

Ok I'll do that. Hopefully helps it run better in the least even if it doesn't fix the problem entirely.