Advice on this rev/engine sound?

On 1/21/2019 at 7:40 AM, ride.race.live said:

before leaning it out anymore check on how many turns you currently got them set at from fully seated. 

if your under 1 full turn you may be rich on the pilot...

for the hell of it and to be safe... have you tried richening the screw to see if it would get worse or better....  always safer to richen the circuit before you try leaning it out more

I went roughly 2 to 2.5 turns out from fully seated and it sounded a lot better. I plan to take it on a test run. Still need to check synch which will take 10 seconds tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, hoppedupandcutdown said:

No, it's not. It's an air screw...out is more air, so counter clockwise is leaner.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:51 PM, 375hp banshees said:

Is it only @ idol- just off idol, what does it sound like with choke out?

On 1/21/2019 at 6:37 AM, ride.race.live said:

definitely seems to have cleared up a chunk but not 100%...

make sure your carbs are synced

what is your current air/fuel screw set at?   id maybe lean it out 1/4 turn on each.  (assuming you have the A/F screw installed on your carbs) 

Also i'd verify what your current jetting is.

Does my right carb look correct? I circled some areas that look like open holes. 

Also. If I turn those idle screws counter clockwise it becomes too loose and the vibration will rotate them. I'm getting my carb synchronizing tool today so any advice is good. I'll be using south Texas banshees video on synch. 

https://ibb.co/hZ3yf92

4 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

those circled spots are fine 

whats your current pilot jet at?    id check that 1st thing

Since buying the shee I haven't checked the carbs but previous owner didn't know squat but said his mechanic had it dialed in for my area.

If I can't get it dialed it I'm going to take off and clean/check everything in carbs and adjust floats as well because they overflow unless I run bowls dry before turning the bike off. 

k right there I know for a fact you need to get into those carbs NOW.

GET THOSE CARBS OFF AND INSPECTED.... im done posting / helping you here until you do.... its a waste of time for everyone to even bother posting / help you at this point if your not going to take the time to check them

Your saying the bike got dialed by a mechanic but yet your having issues and now your saying gas is pissing out the overflow... cmon dude take 5 mins and get into those carbs. 

Edited by ride.race.live

4 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

k right there I know for a fact you need to get into those carbs NOW.

Clean them, verify float level and verify your jetting.  NEVER take the word of a seller ALWAYS check it for yourself or pay someone you KNOW that has experience and knows what they are doing.

The way your going you are  playing Russian roulette with that motor.. get in there and do the work thats needed or else you will find yourself in the not so far future making posts on here asking who's the best builder and who has the cheapest rebuild kits.

Taking the carbs out should take you 5 mins.  you literally only have to pop the seat off and back off 4 clamps and unscrew the slides. out.

Ok I'm going to start it tonight. It definitely is annoying just leaving it to mystery so I'll take them off after work. 

Thanks for the help by the way

27 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

someone with more stock carb experience can answer a good starting point... but you will need to confirm all your mods... 

I know your pilot you will want to be around a 27.5 if I remember right.

Ok I also need to consider where to set my clip at because as of right it it does bog a little bit at start of throttle in 1st gear. Makes it sound like crap putting around slowly in 1st gear. Mid throttle it starts to pick up. 

Edited by HavasuBanshee

46 minutes ago, HavasuBanshee said:

What main jet and pilot jet sizes do you recommend in the case I may have to buy a rebuild kit if the gaskets and o rings are shot. 

Rebuild kits come with stock size jets- waste of money. Looking over your pics you need 27.5 pilot 300main to start.

54 minutes ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

Rebuild kits come with stock size jets- waste of money. Looking over your pics you need 27.5 pilot 300main to start.

Ok thank you. When I take them apart I'll of course check the condition of everything and come back here with any questions. Might take me a while as it's my first time taking a carb apart x2.